Supplier Quality Engineer
Travel to far east
Do you have the desire to drive quality in an international organisation? Do you enjoy travel and exploration of culture and practice? Do you have solid exposure to quality in manufacturing, and how these practices translate into various organisations?
My client is an international supplier of bathroom commodities who is looking to appoint a Supplier Quality Engineer to head up supplier quality interaction across the far east and Europe. This exciting opportunity offers the chance to grow and develop into a high-level quality professional while traveling the globe and has become available due to internal promotion.
With exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidate, my client is committed to rewarding achievement and success in this busy, fast paced pressured environment.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Reporting and ownership of Supplier quality metrics across the UK, Europe and the far east.
- Addressing issues and supporting internal processes such as engineering changes and product approvals.
- Audit supplier sites and work with them to ensure they conform to SOPs and process agreed and deliver high quality standards across all products.
- Work with the Supply Chain and Quality teams to ensure visibility on quality levels, consistency of processes and metrics, and resolution of issues at goods in.
- Engage in all aspects of new products being launched with far east suppliers including spec sign offs, testing of parts, resolution of complaints/none-conformance.
- Manage and conduct Inspections prior to shipment of goods with far east suppliers to ensure specification and standards are met.
- Responsible for onboarding new suppliers and development of the local supplier base to ensure world class quality in purchased components and strengthen relationships.
- Investigation and resolution of field product quality issues within a complex technical supply chain.
You will spend on average 90 days outside of the UK annually
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the Engineering/Manufacturing sector in a quality capacity.
- Must hold in date passport and be willing to travel and work with suppliers in the far east and Europe.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Working knowledge or understanding of electronics is highly advantageous
- Competitive salary of £40,000
- Life insurance
- 25 days holiday plus 8
- For the right candidates, a relocation package can be offered.
Hours of work 37.5 (Monday - Friday 8.30 - 5pm)
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
£40,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year