To ensure the quality of raw materials and finished goods purchased in meet the company’s quality standards, needs and expectations. To investigate, analyze and resolve supplier issues. Provide Supplier Management support to the Planning & Procurement function, as well other day to day operations.
Activities will include, but not limited to:
- Review and management of the Approved Supplier List: verifying supplier quality standards; track, qualify or disqualify suppliers according to Bio-Rad standards. Support supplier qualification activities.
- Monitor Supplier quality performance and compile Supplier Quality Reports for management.
- Works closely with Planning & Procurement team to establish and maintain a Supplier Quality Scorecard.
- Perform regular and routine Supplier Periodic Business Reviews and/or audits.
- Review and management of Supplier Agreements to ensure the appropriate contracts are in place.
- Develop long-term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Identify technical problems with suppliers and recommend corrective actions to internal management.
- Maintain accurate Supplier Management records.
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier management programs.
- Maintain successful relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with the Bio-Rad Global Supply Chain team.
- Monitoring Supplier Quality / Performance.
- Carry out Supplier Reviews
- Review and maintenance of Supplier Agreements
- Maintaining Supplier Management records / files.
- Creation and Issuing of Supplier Management reports
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience within an engineering, quality assurance and/or manufacturing supplier quality environment.
- Experience in Life Science industry desirable.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing preferred.
Skills and knowledge
- Organised and resourceful, high attention to detail, ability to work to demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to analyse and understand data produced by our existing systems (SAP/Sage); Proficient in data analysis (Excel) and presenting (Powerpoint).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal customers and suppliers, and to develop and present communication plans and strategies.
- Proficient in quality tools, i.e. supplier assessments, Root-Cause Analysis and Process Control.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to perform statistical reporting, including skill in composing logical, detailed and analytical reports.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to challenge and effectively improve current practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 Quality System essential.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- ISO 9001 Quality / Lead Auditor Certification or equivalent preferred.
Office based – computer work
Routine travel to suppliersMobile phone / laptop provided
Bonus SchemePension matched up to 8%Bupa private health insurance Life insurance25 days holiday (plus one extra day on your birthday)Free onsite parkingGym Membership discountsShopping discounts
All applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK
If you live over 50 miles from Kidlington in Oxfordshire please indicate in your cover letter if you wish to relocate or commute.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV.
If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad has a portfolio in excess of 11,000 antibodies and associated reagents, which are sold in over 55 countries world-wide, through both direct sales and via a network of global distributors. The portfolio business is complemented with a leading range of custom antibody manufacture and generation services, including recombinant monoclonal antibodies produced via Bio-Rad’sHuCAL® technology.
The antibody business is headquartered in Kidlington, near Oxford, England, along with its main production facilities.