Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for a Quality Engineering professional who will work as an individual contributor to manage objectives that have a significant impact on the area of responsibility. This individual will be responsible & leading Quality Engineering processes and/or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to resolve quality issues impacting the organization's operation sites as well as customers. Also responsible for driving long term systematic quality improvement in the supply base via Collins' Zero Defect initiative
- Maintain quality oversight for a portfolio of suppliers producing product in support of Collins Aerospace Power & Controls business unit
- Evaluate & drive root cause and corrective action in alignment with the 8D process with suppliers on product deemed non-conforming
- Participate & lead critical supplier quality investigations while reporting out on investigation status & path to closure to the Collins executive leadership team
- Participate and drive Collins Zero Defect Initiative for critical suppliers to the Power & Controls business unit including identification of key activities and establishing a plan for execution
- Auditing & assessment of supplier's Zero Defect Plans to ensure robust detection and quality control actions as well as validate applicable read across
- Coordinate & participate in Manufacturing Process Reviews of critical products
- Develop schedule for & drive closure on PFMEA reviews, statistical FAIs, engineering change validation, UPPAP, etc.
- Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
- Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product; Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
- Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
- Collaborates with Collins Program Quality to ensure customer requirements are met within the supply base
- Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
This position may involve access to export controlled information and hardware where an export license would be required for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Employment will be subject to satisfactory security checks, export license approval, and if required, completion of a non-disclosure agreement.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree or an Advanced degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Prior experience working in Aerospace or Automotive industry with exposure to Manufacturing of components and quality process/procedure in managing activities to produce hardware.
- Experience working in Quality and a basic foundation knowledge of root cause corrective action, geometrical dimension tolerance and the ability to read blue prints, etc.
- Detail orientated with the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- This role is for a remote candidate located in Europe & able to travel within the continent and occasionally to the Middle East (Israel)
- Travel will be approximately 30-40%
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.