Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensuring water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Business Operations and Service UK & Ireland, the Service Support Supervisor will provide leadership of all activities relating to service administration to ensure effective operation of customer service processes.
Whilst continually challenging ways to develop and streamline the processes, a key part of this role will be to lead by example by performing administration duties in addition to managing the team to achieve on time delivery of field and bench service.
The success of this role will be measured against KPIs which will include the effectiveness of engineer planning and efficiency of service order entry.
- Supervision of Service administration team in order to deliver:
- Efficient service order processing
- Effective planning of field service engineers
- Coordination of bench service repairs, maintenance and contracts
- Prompt call handling from customers.
- Resolution of customer service complaints and queries
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Service Past Due
- OTD Service Order Book
- High availability to customers on the phone.
- Rapid and efficient completion of assigned office tasks
BACKGROUND AND DESIRED SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment leading a team of administrators in scheduling field service engineers.
- Geographical knowledge of UK and Ireland
- Experience of developing customer service processes
- Proven ability to resolve customer complaints/problems and provide follow up to customers and manager.
- Must have the ability to make sound customer related decisions and respond quickly to customer needs.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.)
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE:
- Lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Good verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills being able to handle multiple tasks.
- Calm under pressure
An exciting and challenging position in one of the most successful global technology and science companies
Great platform for personal and professional development
Continuous improvement with Danaher Business System (DBS)
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.