- Organise and plan own daily duties foc.
- Day to day management of operatives and sub-contractors to ensure work is completed to specification, on time and within budget.
- Monitor and maintain personnel records relating to absentee, training, health, safety and welfare regulations and requirements.
- To manage all SHE issues in accordance with the SHE Operations manual.
- Assist with Management of Projects, including sub-contractors and report to Site Agent/Project Manager.
- Assist Site Agent in production of accurate project programmes and monitor site progress.
- Improve workforce productivity and maintain and improve margins.
- Co-ordinate works and communications with third parties and public.
- Manage contracts in accordance to client’s contract conditions, specifications and requirements.
- Be aware of budget constraints of the operational contracts whilst achieving compliance.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation to ensure the rectification of such issues is completed to a satisfactory standard in the quickest time possible.
- Ensure that agreed quality controls are in place are fully understood and implemented.
- Providing site training/mentoring on the requirements of the Compliance delivery.
- Reviewing Non-conformance reports to identify any apparent trends and providing timely resolutions.
- Responsible for operative’s schedules; liaising with scheduler to ensure accuracy, logistics and checking asbestos reports in advance of publishing.
- Completion of pre, post and work in progress inspections; minimum of 20% however flexibility is required due to contract requirements.
- Providing daily updates to the Compliance Manager on workforce productivity.
- Responsible for fleet audits and upkeep.
- Effectively and strategically plan the operational delivery of works, working with the Compliance Manager.
- Suitable operational and compliance management experience.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work
- Full understanding of risk management.
- Flexible and able to travel within the UK as required is essential
- Able to understand and work within complex circumstances with tight deadlines is essential
- Ability to take a 'whole system' approach to service change is essential
- Able to influence people through clear, concise communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Highly organised and responsive, with ability to deliver under pressure
- A proven background in a similar role
- HND or Degree in related subject.
- Asbestos P402/P405/P406
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.