What you’ll be doing...
As a top 20 SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
We’re growing! This is a new position on our Global Success team with the opportunity to have a major impact on our Customer Success. We need your strong leadership, sense of urgency and attention to detail to build on our existing programs.
The Success Account Manager will work with the corresponding Account team, Customer Support, Development, Business Units, Partners, and Customer personnel to understand customers’ business and technical environments and the short- and long-term goals for those products the customer has deployed.
The Success Account Manager (SAM) plays a vital role in shaping the customer’s experience with product and services under Premier Support contract. The SAM engages with their customer as a principle contact point for all technical issues, concerns, and guidance. It is the job of the SAM to guide their customer to continual success and shepherd them clear of difficulties.
In this role, the SAM should aspire to level of "Trusted Advisor" in their customers’ eyes. This is achieved through strong and consistent relationship building, and a proven track record of sound decision making, technical and managerial competence, and inspired confidence in one’s own abilities and motives.
The Success Account Manager's responsibilities will also include the following:
- Developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with SMB accounts to promote Verizon’s products and services and profitable business relationships.
- Consulting with and providing solutions that will increase value and ROI for clients.
- Managing the overall account relationship and serving as the first point of contact for customers.
- Working with clients on contract renewals and escalated Customer Care issues.
- Demonstrating expert-level knowledge of our software products and operational procedures.
- Aggregating all key operating groups supporting each SMB client.
- Facilitating value added conversations throughout the life of the contract with customers with the ultimate goal of customer retention.
- Owning a territory of accounts and ensuring each customer’s expectations, growth, and ROI is met and company software product is adding value.
- Delegating projects/tasks to appropriate operating teams and tracking progress against plan and driving to completion.
- Leading renewal discussions and involving sales and legal teams as needed.
- For larger SMB accounts (i.e., 50 units or more), leading project team meetings and engaging and managing necessary stakeholders for project deliverables.
- Forecasting and tracking key account performance metrics (e.g., installation, support, usage, value/ROI of large SMB customer accounts).
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Prior successful experience delivering technology solutions to all levels within an organization, from executive management through the technical staff.
- Experience participating with sales people and being responsible for the technical aspects of the sales cycle.
- Systems administration on relevant systems.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (averaging approximately 15%).
Even better of you have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience with product and solutions or SaaS offerings.
- The ability to track and understand highly technical topics and issues.
- The ability to recognize potential revenue opportunities.
- A passion for exceptional customer service; working closely with customers’ project management teams to ensure stable, trusting relationships.
- Experience designing and developing account management strategy documents based on customer analysis and assessment.
- Experience serving as primary point of contact for customers for account management and escalation issues.
- Experience proactively identifying new consulting and product sales opportunities within the organization.
- Experience driving customer satisfaction levels with provided products and services by meeting customer expectations, follow-up, and positive problem resolutions.
- Experience maintaining technical competence by keeping abreast of technology and technological developments, practices, procedures, and similar professional issues.
- The ability to plan and perform work effectively with minimal guidance from leadership.
- The ability to serve as an informal leader to other support representatives.
- The ability to manage, track, escalate, and when appropriate, resolve all customer RFEs and defects.
- The ability to judiciously leverage resources (e.g., PM, Professional Services, Engineering) to balance customer needs.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with customers.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.