Department/Location: Homebased – South London
Reports to: Subsidence Manager
Description: We are looking to appoint a repair specification technician, to deliver and support subsidence monitoring, building repair specifications and supporting claim investigations. This will be a home-based position but working on a day to day basis it will require considerable travel within a designated geographical area of responsibility. You will provide advice and support to our clients as well as communicating in a friendly and professional manner.
- Accurately assess and scope specificationsfor building repair requirements and produce a detailed specification of above ground repairs
- Administer timely tender submissions
- Attend pre-contract, WIP and final inspection meetings
- Assessing contractor estimates, controlling repair schedules and costs from panel contractors or non-panel contractors
- Report preparation for initial specification and final reports
- Attend re-visits as required and report accordingly and update all relevant parties.
- Assist with the management of the field force surveyors and contractors to support a case load of desktop validation claims
- Can respond positively to varying client requirements and changes in the wider business environment.
- Attending site locations to take monitoring readings, interpretation of results and preparation of reports
- Monitoring progressions to the subsidence specialist, proactively managing the claim progression, keeping all parties informed
Summary of Position:
Working as a member of the subsidence team at GHG you will always be expected to show a highlevel of professionalism. Provide service and customer support during field visits, proactively progressing the claim to completion. Ability to respond positively to the varying customer/client requirements and changes in the wider business environment.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours but additional hours may be required as detailed in the employment contract
Salary Range: Ranging from £35,000 - £45,000 + £5,000 car allowance depending on experience and qualifications
Production of repair specifications
Validate and manage repair costs to ensure the most cost-effective outcome is reached
Liaise with scheduling department to ensure that all future monitoring site visits are recorded
To build and maintain a client relationship throughout the monitoring and repair cycle
Carry out DEMEC stud monitoring measurements and produce written reports of the findings.
Proactively manage the repair process to minimise claim objectives
Assist with claim progression in accordance with SLA’s and customer queries
Qualifications & Training
Qualified in building repair estimating or specification preparation industry
Building industry qualifications
Previous experience in producing repair specifications and managing property repairs
Five years’ relevant trade experience dealing with all subsidence claims.
Qualities and Attitude
Organised with the ability to multi-task, and effectively manage own workload. Good problem solving ability to recognise difficulties and take proactive measures to overcome problems. Well developed and effective written and verbal communication skills, to articulate complex issues. Accepting of considerable travel requirements and nights away from home to fulfil the role requirements.
Self-sufficient, outgoing, confident, excellent communication skills, attention to detail with previous report writing experience in subsidence claim management.
Organisational skills, Effective Time Management, IT literate, Assertive, Business conscious, Effective communicator, verbally and in written communication, Client Liaison skills.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
+ £5,000 car allowance depending on experience and qualifications