Microsearch Laboratories is a UKAS accredited Laboratory that has been providing analytical services to the food industry for over 30 years. We are a fast-growing company comprising of five separate laboratories based across two buildings.
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Subculture Technician.
The main purpose of the subculture technician is to co-ordinate with the analytical laboratory, Diagnostics Laboratory and the Molecular lab to subculture Pathogens in the isolation room adhering to strict aseptic technique.
Main duties include:
1. The subculture of pathogen pre-enrichment broths.
2. Liaising with Analytical Laboratory staff to incubate the pathogen pre-enrichment broths.
3. Maintain and co-ordinate all paperwork connected to the subculture of pathogens.
4. Keeping the isolation rooms clean and tidy.
5. Keeping the waste room clean and tidy.
6. Autoclaving and sluicing of waste. Cleaning and maintaining autoclaves and disposing of autoclaved waste. Ensuring health and safety matters are dealt with cautiously.
7. Subculture of trials, Internal and External Quality checks.
8. Dispose of Hazardous waste.
The suitable candidate will be reliable and responsible with an excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
The hours are Monday - Friday 1.30pm – 10pm with occasional weekends required.