Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanityrsquo;s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Working within our Product Metabolism & Analytics Science team the successful candidate will serve as a key scientific contributor providing expertise to project teams and other areas as required. We are looking for individuals with a background in metabolism, whether it is plant, environmental or mammalian. This is an opportunity to develop your career in Product Metabolism & Analytics and join a high performing team.
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a key scientific contributor within the ADME, Dietary and/or Environmental functions of Product Metabolism and Analytical Science (PMAS) providing expertise to project teams and other functional areas as required.
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of business critical data generated at contract research organisations, being responsible for protocol design, evaluating data and reviewing/authorising company reports.
- Represent the department at various project meetings to address metabolism-related issues and provide guidance for decision making purposes about compound progression.
- Manage studies placed with external suppliers to ensure delivery of data of the appropriate quality to time and cost.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of studies conducted internally or externally to ensure project needs are met.
- Independently provide technical assistance and innovative solutions to external suppliers, where appropriate, to facilitate transfer of technical know-how.
- Communicate the meaning of data and its implication to projects.
- Through participation in project teams, contribute to key decisions and aid compound selection.
- Work with colleagues in other functions to support the use of data sets generated by PMAS to optimise study design and overall understanding of the compounds behaviour.
- Minimum of a degree (or equivalent) in biological or chemical sciences.
- Background knowledge of metabolism (either environmental, plant or mammalian) studies and objectives.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Experience of accessing services through third-party organisations.
Technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Strong analytical thinking, excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team environment.
- Active scientific participation and collaboration with colleagues in industry, contract research and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Syngenta will offer:
- The opportunity to grow with the world#39;s leading Agribusiness company, operating within a challenging international business environment
- An open, supportive, and collaborative working culture
- Great opportunities for personal development and career progression
- A permanent, fulltime role, based on-site at our Jealotts Hill Campus, Bracknell, England
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme