Remuneration: Depending on experience
Working hours: 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday with one 30 min breaks. 40hrs a week.
Thorp Precast are a Staffordshire based, forward thinking construction business with a passion for quality and innovation. We specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke architectural cladding and structural precast concrete components.
Due to a continued growth and investment we are looking to appoint a likeminded individual to strengthen our design team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a stable and varied position. The suitable candidate will be responsible for the structural design manufactured components, principally reinforcement concrete panels and their steel fixings back to structure. The business has a passion for innovation and looking to apply the next generation of materials within our designs.
This role will be challenging and varied on a daily basis and there will be opportunities to experience different parts of the business throughout the development of the individual. This role will report to our Senior Structural Engineer with on the job training and development provided accordingly. This role also works alongside our team of design engineers.
The job purpose is to:
- Support the Design Management teams in a broad range of technical competencies
- Develop a range of project specific and comprehensive design calculation packs including wind, reinforced concrete and steel for internal application and external approval by our clients.
- Development of standard designs and details that can form the basis on future projects.
- Using traditional calculation methods, together with more advances FEA (non-linear) software applications to provide efficient structural designs.
- Provide support and training to other Engineers within the business.
- Will be a post in graduate in Civil or Structural Engineering, seeking professional chartered status or already chartered.
- Will be computer literate and will have a proficient working knowledge of software required to support the duties required, eg Tedds.
- Will have had experience in 3D modelling software such as Revit, Tekla or Solidworks.
- Will have a detailed knowledge of Ultra High Performance Fibre Reinforced Concrete (UHPFRC)
- Will have good IT skills and be able to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients alike.
- Will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Will be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills and be quick learner.
- Must be able to multi-task, be hardworking and have attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain good timekeeping and attendance record.
- Must able to follow instructions and complete tasks as required.
If you are ready for a new challenge and would like to join growing and a dynamic team please apply through this site.
Thorp Precast are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the people, basing judgments solely on suitability for the job.
- Employee Events
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Performance bonus
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Enhanced Pension, Life Assurance