Find what drives you on a team with a 70+ year history of being recognized for discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our portfolio is broad, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. Our career opportunities are as diverse as our products and they are all focused on creating better lives and a better planet. At Pall, we believe that innovation is our legacy, our privilege, and our destiny. If that resonates with you, join us!
Strategic Sourcing Manager-PAL003825
• Responsible to lead all Strategic Sourcing tasks related to Pall’s product, and services requirements for the site! Including, but not limited to significant interaction with R&D, Engineering and Operational functions to provide Global Sourcing, Outsourcing, Insourcing and overall Sub-Contract Management in line with corporate strategy. The role will require a high level of interaction with other Strategic Sourcing /Category Managers, both regionally and globally. The Site spend responsibility is circa $40Million, Indirect and Direct.
• Serve as the Regional Commodity Manager for Injection Molding (spend circa $85million). They will be responsible for creating and implementing sourcing strategies within their commodity. Supporting the overall strategy of Pall International’s Strategic Sourcing organization, and its related objectives in alignment cross-functionally, whilst evaluating, and prioritizing projects in accordance with business priorities, and in priorities aligned with facility operational objectives (must be able to work with local finance / accounting team and materials management / planning teams closely).
• responsible for performance to the various critical metrics of Strategic Sourcing; including but not limited to Net Deflation, Purchase Price Variance, Cost Reduction, Margin Enhancement, DPO/Supplier Payables, Working Capital, Global Value Sourcing/LCR Sourcing, e-Auctions, and Supplier Performance.
• Handle key supplier relationships, construct, and negotiate critical supply contracts, including assembling, and analyzing market data, evaluating supply alternatives and crafting negotiating strategies. Champion continuous development of suppliers to meet Pall’s “Preferred/Qualified Suppliers” (Forward Procurement List), participate in design reviews with R&D and suppliers on manufacturability & raw material selection in order to achieve most optimal component / service cost. This individual will support, monitor, evaluate, projects specific to their site in the role of the Strategic Sourcing Manager whilst ensuring policies and procedures regarding compliance, commitments, early involvement, supplier selection, supplier evaluation, and supplier development are understood and implemented.
Role and Duties:
• Supplier Management, delivering favorable Net Purchase Price Variance (PPV), Favorable Purchase Price change (PPC), Days Payable Outstanding (DPO) and Standard Terms Percent improvement year over year, Indirect Savings for the site. Drive supplier consolidation and construct, and negotiate critical supply contracts.
• Early Sourcing Involvement supporting the New Product Introduction teams and Project Procurement teams with effective category strategies.
• SC Business Continuity and Risk supporting the BU strategy for driving risk out of the supply chain and reducing impact through effective Business Continuity Risk Management Plans and Supplier Emergency Response plans (SERPS). Completion of new Annual Supplier Evaluation Program w/Business Continuity Review at sites Covering the target % of Direct Material PVO within your region or scope of responsibility.
• Reporting and Controlling reporting and presenting site KPI results, gap fulfillment and Problem solving.
• Development of Global Supply Network working in LCR regions (India, China Eastern Europe). Travel in this role can be up to 50%
• Compliance and Regulation, Site Sourcing Support Ensure compliance with Regulations, Policies and Quality Procedures of Pall Corporate and International Sàrl, Fribourg, including the site-specific ones.
• Run and coordinate the Mold Tool strategy including all Mold tool transfers and new tools coming from R&D into Operations maintaining a smooth defined integration and set up.
• Support new supplier validation programs together with strategic sourcing, engineering and quality.
• Support the Mold Tool strategy led by the Engineering Mold team.
• Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving, strong work ethic and negotiating skills.
• Extensive Procurement experience.
• Minimum Degree level required, preferably Engineering or Business related, Masters preferred.
• Confirmed experience in the supply chain, supplier development of high growth markets ideally in the Injection Molding commodity.
• Fluent in English.
• Strong analytical and logistical skill sets to streamline work processes in order to work efficient.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment.
• Capable of dealing with high dynamic and complex demand from an international team, while not losing focus on priorities.
• Great cross functional leadership skills. Motivating people. Customer focused mind set.
• Capable of transferring strategy into results based on the outlined growth targets.
• Commercial acumen and understanding of the supplier selection process for Mold tool projects combined with good negotiation skills.
• Fluent in English in writing and spoken. Other languages such as French, Spanish as an advantage.
• Ability to articulate strategic supplier business needs based on a defined strategy to achieve growth rates.
• Communication with the global Mold engineering team and procurement managers to coordinate. and execute strategy to achieve growth rates and in the region for the region execution strategy.
• To work safely and to align with the company’s health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
• Organizational talent that can lead a dynamic, cross functional and complex environment in all logistical aspects.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.