Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Reports directly to:
Strategic Procurement Manager
Reports functionally to:
Meggitt are looking for a highly organised and commercial mind-set Strategic Buyer to join our Polymers & Composites (MPC) family based from our Loughborough plant. The Strategic Buyerwill be responsible for enabling the purchasing function to deliver against business objectives of highest quality, shortest possible lead times, lowest possible inventory levels and lowest purchased price.
They will require proven functional expertise and people management skills and be expected to support the progress of the team and develop the supply chain internally and externally, to improve its overall flexibility and ability to support the fluctuating business requirements.
This role will also manage the tactical purchasing decisions of their own select range of strategic suppliers and the more tactical supplier within the purchasing team. They will be assigned responsibility for purchasing finished components and raw materials for manufacture from our highest profile
• Performs complex purchasing activities including pricing, volume discounts, negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers, and delivery of goods\services
• Negotiates best terms (price, delivery, and payment terms) with suppliers, while maintaining efficient output of purchase orders, to reach highest quality at best value
• Establishes source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing
• Evaluates quotations received from prospective suppliers and makes decisions regarding award of purchase orders
• Implements formal and legal contractual documentation into the purchase orders, encompassing all corporate and government requirements
• Resolves discrepancies between purchase order requirements and supplier performance
• Ensures compliance to government laws, regulations and procurement policies and procedures
• Identifies problem areas, initiates corrective action and establishes problem resolution dates in a timely manner
• Maintains current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system (e.g. delivery dates, pricing, change orders)
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
- Experience in achieving results through self and others
- Proven successful track record in supply chain in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team player and an able and competent decision maker
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate resources effectively
- Extensive experience of MRP system (SAP preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective team player
- Recognize and identify urgent needs and act accordingly
- Willingness to take on challenges, find solutions and implement them
- CIPS qualified
- Experience in an aerospace, Aviation, Space and or Manufacturing industry.