Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week
Salary: £20,067 - £22,181 per annum (pro rata)
Dorothy House Charity Shops are looking for driven, ambitious and determined Store Manager to join our fantastic shops in Malmesbury.
Are you creative? Love upcycling? Have a passion for fashion? Commercially Savy? Or love offering amazing customer experience? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
The way we shop is changing with more and more of us looking for alternatives to fast fashion. Right now, Dorothy House Charity Shops are going through a transformation with ambitious plans to become “The No1. Destination on the High Street” and for us to achieve this we need a great talent to become part of the Dorothy House Retail Team.
As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for:
Achieving sales targets, keep controllable costs to a minimum and ensure the operational efficiency of the shop in compliance with all policies laid down by Dorothy House Hospice Care.
The role will also involve:
- Ensuring there is sufficient stock, efficiently sorted and prepared for sale
- To implement the shop price guide in order to maximise sales.
- To recruit, train, motivate and manage paid staff and volunteers ensuring that they are competent to prepare goods for display, display and rotate goods, provide good customer service, maintain good standards of cleanliness/tidiness and implement all aspects of the Gift Aid scheme.
- Ensuring that stock is efficiently sorted and prepared for sale and that all backstage areas are properly organised.
- Ensuring quality and optimum density of stock on display and efficient stock rotation.
- Ensure best use of space, high standards of display and cleanliness/tidiness in all areas. All hanging stock to be steam cleaned.
- Ensuring accurate and proper banking and administration as required by Dorothy House.
Our retail shops offer excellent career progression with the opportunity to develop your skills at our Retail Academy where you will learn to grow your retail knowledge and skillset and be part of the successful Dorothy House retail team.
In return, you will receive excellent benefits such as:
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to progress.
- Generous holiday allowances.
- Generous employer contributions to your pension pot.
- Access to a welfare programme.
Please see the Dorothy House website for the job description https://www.dorothyhouse.org.uk/about-dorothy-house/jobs/job-vacancies /
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.