About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Stock Controller to join our Plant & Fleet business unit to work in Derby, Raynesway.
A key member of the Plant and Fleet OHL Back Office Team with the prime responsibility to undertake the associated activities related to the departments Plant and Logistics stock management.
What you'll be doing
As a Stock Controller, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Completing regular Physical Inventory (PI) counting in the Stores/Workshop/Yard locations, conducting subsequent stock variance investigations to a resolution;
- Take ownership for and liaising with internal and external customers to respond to requests and queries for and following the provision of stock;
- To co-ordinate and accurately manage stock by ensuring all relevant procedures are followed;
- Take ownership and resolve any stock issues including procurement and transactional movements;
- Maintaining and updating computerised stock control records.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are essential:-
- Competent in the use of the main MS 365 platforms i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook along with stock management systems;
- Plant & Tool hire experience beneficial;
- Good understanding of stores/warehouse operations;
- Experience of working in a stores/warehouse and office environment;
- Excellent Team working & Interpersonal skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet supports Balfour Beatty’s projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment. This allows Balfour Beatty’s contract teams to focus on what they do best – successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.