Working Days 4 on 4 off shift pattern
We are looking to recruit a Stock Checker who will control planned checks on customers stocks. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with experience in a storage or inventory environment, the ideal candidate will have a meticulous eye for detail check checking stocks and out loading of finished goods.
- DAYS 12 hours shifts ‘4 on 4 off’ within a 8 week cycle 06:00-18:00
- Inclusive annual pay £19,295 per annum (equivalent to £8.81 per hour)
- Pay includes basic pay and attendance bonus
- Authorised overtime is required occasionally to cover holidays and is paid at x1.5 basic pay
- Paid rest breaks
- 20 holidays per year including Bank Holidays (equivalent to 28 days’ annual leave).
- Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled ‘4 on’ shift are normal working days unless holiday is authorised in advance
- Fully funded MHE training available for FLT certificates.
- Immediate start available
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Must have experience of working in a fast moving cold storage or warehousing environment.
- Previous experience in a stock control or perpetual inventory role would be advantageous.
- Must be skilled in problem solving, show attention to detail and be able to record stock movements accurately
- Expected to be motivated, reliable and have a can do attitude. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and able to work on their own initiative.
- Should be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
- Ideally the applicant should be both experienced in and qualified for driving Material Handling Equipment such as a Scissor lift, Counterbalance or Bendi Flexi/Pivot Truck. But training will be provided.
- Training will also be provided on the use of the Chess Warehouse Management system.
- Methodical, accurate, planned perpetual inventory checks on customer stocks
- Completion and checking of system generated reports to assist with inventory controls such as empty locations, pick aisle checks, double locations, T999/NA, marshalling checks, pick bin checks and picked pallet rechecks
- Reacting to stock issues and shortages to resolve prior to outbound delivery
- Processing product returned to site
- Identify product requiring extra attention and ensure restacking, repacking and rewrapping is conducted
- Manually completing reports of issuessuch as damages and/or problem pallets
- Discrepancy reporting and assisting to investigate stock queries
- Assisting storewithput away or pick queries
- Assisting customers during visits to inspect products or check stocks
- Assisting the Shift Manager, Operations Managers and Stock Admin Manage to ensure stock levels are accurate
- Conducting day to day duties in the cold store as requested by the Shift Manager
- Taking ownership of issues to complete resolution and working alongside colleagues to improve the service we provide to customers
- BRC adherence and document completion. Complying with hygiene, health and safety and all other site rules.