Job Description SummaryBD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team–orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
We are recruiting a Steriliser Engineering Team Leader to lead the shift production technicians and undertake engineering related activities associated with the steriliser areas. In the case of a breakdown, the priority will be to support sterilisation operations to minimise downtime and maximise output. You will also be an appointed Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) with training to be given.
As Steriliser Engineering Team Leader, you will
- Fully support, maintain, and uphold the core values of the site and company. Leads the shift production technicians. Effectively manages repair and preventative maintenance of the steriliser and autoclaves. Ensures that the right resources and labour requirements are in place to achieve this goal.
- Work with the operational team leader to help drive the H&S culture on shift
- Ensure compliance with all health & safety, regulatory, environmental and quality standards, adhering to company procedures relating to process changes and/or equipment modification
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to steriliser technicians in resolving complex machine related faults. To be a ‘problem solver’ and provide solutions to engineering, technical and maintenance problems. Responds to call-outs and takes action to ensure minimal interruption.
- Coaches and develops the shift technical teams. Identifies areas of strength and weakness and formulates effective plans to improve
- Possesses the ability to disassemble and reassemble complex machinery.
- Works in conjunction with the steriliser engineers on selected projects
- Supports continuous improvement through identification and implementation of process improvements, maximising equipment effectiveness through ‘Technical Excellence’
- Carry out appraisals and administration related to performance, holidays and discipline for direct reports.
The successful candidate will have an engineering qualification or equivalent in either electrical, electronics or mechanical engineering. You will have excellent team management and leadership skills to empower your team to develop and progress. You will have great communication skills to motivate your team. You will be IT literate with experience of MS Office and ideally SAP or similar ERP software.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please APPLY
interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Join our talent community here. emea.jobs.bd.com