About the Role
Our talented, client-focused team of Programme Managers help those teams of stakeholders shape what excellence looks like, they track developments across industry and identify opportunities in the market.
Each Programme Manager is responsible for project managing, developing and publishing a portfolio of national and international standards. It’s a diverse, rewarding and challenging job.
- Working inclusively with stakeholders, you’ll lead and facilitate the knowledge creation process, striving to balance market needs, user requirements and government policy, and facilitating consensus
- You research wider industry trends, maintain up-to-date knowledge of external market needs, and track the challenges for your sector
- You can identify strategic gaps and engage with key industry and internal stakeholders, and apply what you learn to maintain and develop the excellence of your portfolio
- You will forecast accurate delivery of standards, manage time and resources allocated to each stakeholder group, and offer support by providing guidance and advice
- You can project manage standards to publication, ‘own’ your portfolio, track progress and intervene as necessary to keep standards on schedule, track revenue performance and work with colleagues to ensure targets are reached
- You will write and present new ideas for standards products, working with sales, marketing and other departments as necessary
Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
As the leading global business standards company BSI helps 84,000 clients worldwide to improve their businesses. From business continuity to recycling waste, from medical devices to the exploration of space, we help businesses embed the habits of excellence so that they perform better, manage their risks more effectively and achieve sustainable growth and in doing so we touch the lives of many across the globe.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary with 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
Review our full standard benefits HERE
We carefully consider agile ways of working that allow for the best impact for our employees and clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss further.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will be proactive, results-oriented problem solver with a can-do attitude. They will have an ability to remain calm under pressure, manage many competing demands and be able to help a diverse group of people agree the best way forward.
You’ll be working closely with key stakeholders and experts in their field so excellent communication, facilitation and relationship skills are essential. You must be able to engage and influence key stakeholders, build and maintain trust and present with confidence in meetings.
You should also have a good track record of managing multiple and sometimes complex projects, as well as excellent planning and organizational skills. The ability to assimilate information quickly, be commercially aware and have a keen eye for detail are also important.
Editorial and publishing skills, and a knowledge of drafting and editing rules would be an advantage.