We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm’s hardware is at the heart of the computing and connectivity revolution that continues to transform the way people live and businesses operate. Working as a team and engaging with the world’s most famous technology companies, we are driving innovation into all areas that compute is possible to help us build better solutions for the billions of people using Arm technology worldwide!
What will you be accountable for?
Systems team enable Arm partners by delivering a secure, performant and reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. Systems Development team is a highly focussed group responsible for driving the development of the next generation of compute solutions. The outstanding deliveries from the team includes various Client, Infrastructure, Automotive and IoT solutions. The members of the group collaborate with architects and other design, verification, physical implementation, performance analysis and software engineers. Design engineers will be using the state-of-the-art technologies, methodologies and tools.
As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of Arm based Systems you will:
• be an integral part of a team integrating IPs and developing system level logic for compute solutions
• have an opportunity to use your skills to review system architectures, develop micro architectural design specifications, develop the RTL, fix bugs and run various design checks
• guide verification team to review test plans and help debug design issues.
• provide valuable design inputs to system performance analysis team to evaluate and improve solution performance.
• contribute to developing and improving the design methodologies by having an ability to take a step back and provide different perspectives
• Mentor junior engineers as needed to enable the successful completion of project activities.
• have the opportunity to lead technical activities and drive innovation
• balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
What skills, experience and qualification do you need?
• Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
• Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture and practical experience of working on Processor based system designs
• Experience of RTL design for IPs, ASIC products & SoCs, possess the knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
• Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance will be vital.
• Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, clock/power analysis, testing, documentation and support
• Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate sophisticated technical concepts with different audiences, including technical team members, senior partners and customers
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Experience with high level programming in languages such as C/C.
It is an advantage if you have knowledge of verification techniques.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
• Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
• Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
• Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
• Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
• Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
• Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
• Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
• Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
• Be authentic.
• Seek and embrace differences.
• Encourage curiosity and challenge.
• Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.