We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This position provides a phenomenal opportunity to be involved in the micro-architecture, design and definition of display processors in our dynamic hardware design team. You will be taking ownership of complex display hardware blocks; working closely with the architecture and hardware verification team, and tasked with evolving these designs to optimally cater for the next generation feature and performance requirements.
You should be an expert engineer with shown ability to deliver high quality, low power, high performance micro-architecture and RTL implementations in meaningful timescales.
Are you excited to work on upcoming display technologies such as VR/AR devices and HDR televisions? Do you think you have what it takes to work here ? We can't wait to meet you in person.
- Bring together microarchitecture specifications in collaboration with other team members
- Analyse feasibility of suggested architectures and algorithms
- Author design specifications
- Perform RTL design and logic implementation
- Specify, design and optimise of agreed architecture and integrate with other subsystems
- Perform front-end implementation tasks such as synthesis, logic equivalence check, and STA
- Do you have a good track record of design, specify, implement and verify complex IP designs ?
- Are you familiar with common on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA (AXI, AHB, APB) ?
For this role, we are looking for candidates with:
- Good knowledge of ASIC/FPGA design methodology & IP signoff methods
- Deep understanding on timing/area/complexity trade-offs for complex data path designs
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Previous experience in media, video, ISP, or display designs is required
- Previous team lead experience
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Tcl, C shell is desirable
- Hardware-software integration experience is helpful
- Familiarity with UVM
- Experience with System Verilog, and assertion based verification
- MATLAB/algorithm development
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.