We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Media Engineering group within Arm has the mission to be at the forefront of advanced multimedia IP products. With success to date it is a rapidly growing division. To accelerate the development of the image signal processor (ISP) product family, Media Engineering is growing its ISP Hardware Engineering team. The objective of this team is to develop industry-leading ISP hardware IP products which complement the Mali Graphics, Display and Video processor product portfolio.
As an experienced hardware design engineer with proven ability to deliver high quality, low power, high performance micro-architecture and RTL implementations in meaningful timescales.
You will work as part of a team and take ownership of imaging hardware blocks. Working closely with the hardware verification team, tasked with evolving these designs to optimally cater for next generation feature and performance requirements.
This is a demanding role, employing the latest hardware design and verification techniques to develop best-in-class hardware IP for low power image/video processing. You have the chance to use your expertise to drive forward our technology and work in a highly collaborative group
What will you be accountable for?
The role covers development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development.
- You will investigate and Micro-architect complex IP blocks.
- Developing IP blocks using low power methodology and optimizing those block for logic area, performance and power.
- Capturing design requirements and specifications.
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group with you showing the potential for line management responsibilities.
Essential skills and experience:
- Meaningful experience of RTL (VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog) design for ASIC products.
- Proven experience to design, specify, implement and verify complex IP designs.
- Good appreciation of SoC implementation and backend flows, understanding of low-power design techniques.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Perl/TCL/Python, use of UNIX development environments.
- A level of pro-activity, initiative and problem solving, with willingness to learn, be self-reliant and accept new challenges. Possessing the ability to schedule your own workload and plan tasks.
- Enthusiasm, drive and diligence, express ideas and communicate effectively in English.
- Image/Video hardware design experience with an appreciation of architectural trade-offs between power, area and bandwidth; knowledge of image/video processing algorithms and interfaces and familiarity with FPGA flows.
- Hardware-software integration experience and an understanding of the Arm architecture or AMBA bus system.
- High-level programming C/C as well as MATLAB/algorithm development experience.
- Knowledge of UVM based verification, familiar with code and functional coverage.
Working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Media Engineering: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.