Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Job Title: Staff Chemist
Mission of the role:
Accountable for providing timely and accurate solutions to multiple company problems of moderate to difficult complexity and is required to have ‘expert’ status in at least one broad or related specialized area. The role will primarily involve new product development but will also require some existing development to support the current portfolio.
• Acts as a resource to other employees technically, professionally and in project Management.
• Influences other employees technically and in regard to business aspects.
• Recongized as a key technical resource in at least one area.
• Works to show and communicate organizational knowledge in an area of technical expertise.
• Initiates and leads resolutions to solve problems, improve processes, develop methods and investigate and implement plans.
• Provides input on department projects.
• Recognises and solves barriers to team success.
• Has the ability to make and the desire to make, decisions independently.
• Proactive in advancing technical knowledge.
• Honours Degree in Chemistry or equivalent
• BS/BA in science related field
• Protective Coatings
• Resin Flooring
• Project Management
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
• Innovative thinker
• Decision maker and Problem Solver
• Team player
• Ability to mentor
Who we are –
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.