At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our
- Prepare journal entries, accounts reconciliation as required.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Maintain local fixed asset information and coordinate with global tax team.
- Perform bank reconciliations and clear daily activity
- Prepare and apply cash receipts.
- Prepare monthly A/R and A/P schedules and review for accuracy.
- Act as a back up to treasury authorizations locally.
- Assist with compilation of financial reporting for UK. Work closely with Global Tax and Financial reporting team
- Prepare ledgers and coordinate with third parties for local VAT filings.
- Coordinate local efforts to participate in R&D and other advantageous tax schemes/programs.
- Assist in financial audits and in compiling schedules for auditors. Work closely with US team on integrated process.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis for UK office
- Perform other related special studies or projects as assigned
You should be ACA or ACCA qualified or finalist with in excess of three years accountancy and audit experience in a small to medium sized practice, have experience of supervising accounts and, ideally, audit assignments and enjoy working as part of a team and dealing with clients. You should possess strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Commitment to organization and highly detail-oriented work.
- Proactive with a high sense of urgency and a drive to optimize accounting and finance activities.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks and manage to completion
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who embraces ad-hoc projects with a positive attitude
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc).Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.