Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Senior Enterprise Storage Analyst is responsible for all IT enterprise data storage Operations including data management, archive solutions, backups & disaster recovery, strategies, architectures and projects in a 7/24multi-site environment.
This role demands a previous Storage technical background, coupled with extensive experience of working with the demands of a large enterprise. The Senior Enterprise Storage Analyst will report to and work closely with the Engineering Services Infrastructure Manager and other colleagues globally to ensure an excellent level of service is provided to the business, dealing with incidents, service requests and planned changes.
Capable of working with minimal supervision & applies the necessary technical expertise for efficient storage and backup system management while communicating with peers, customers and leadership.
- Extensive technical expertisewith enterprise level NetApp Storage environment, monitoring, networking, configuration, capacity management & performance optimization.
- Maximizes storage systems utilization & performance with storage efficiency technologies, storage provisioning/re-claiming, deploying new storage systems, adding/removing disk shelves, schedule & perform CDOT/ONTAP/firmware upgrades, troubleshooting SAN/NAS/performance issues/outages, connectivity problems, and assessing storage needs.
- Responsibility encompasses the technical streams of Archive solutions, Data Protection & Disaster Recovery Solutions with disk, tape, and associated systems management technologies. This also includes the restoration of service and identification of the root cause of any problems within the environment.
- Configuration, administration of data backup, disaster recovery and replication technologies.
- Provide day-to-day operational/technical support, research new technologies, develop/guide insightful strategies, performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance & responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices.
- Provide pro-active day-to-day operational support to ensure issues are prevented where possible and resolved according to business impact and established service level agreements.
- Work with the incident and problem management on root causes and proactive avoidance of future incidents.
- Work with vendors where necessary to maintain software and hardware to keep within supported versions.
- Directs & coordinates the work assigned with global engineering services teams & possess excellent communication & problem-solving skills.
- Minimum 5+ years enterprise storage and backup experience (required).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education.
- Strong understanding of storage and backup systems architecture and design, including administration of enterprise SAN/NAS and storage switches, NetBackup and tape library management, disaster recovery & business continuity solutions.
- Strong experience with NetApp CDOT, 7-MODE, Snap management suite, backup, recovery, DR & replication technologies is a must.
- Experience with Virtualization, VMWare, Windows Server, Networking & Linux is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to manage own workload and balance conflicting priorities.
- On-call rotation & travel if required based on business requirements.
- Must be able to work & communicate with internal teams, clients & remote site resources by following best practices.
- NetApp Certification & Second Language as French is an added asset.