Senior Director of Financial Services, EMEA
Location: London or Amsterdam
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help connect the modern enterprise to operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
This executive role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cloud software companies and Forbes Magazine’s #1 Most Innovative Company in a highly visible role with strong potential impact.
To propel our next phase of growth, ServiceNow is investing in a Financial Services Vertical Solutions organization. We’re building a team of entrepreneurial and collaborative individuals who are passionate about the opportunity to transform Financial Services leveraging ServiceNow’s powerful digital workflow platform.
Join a team that will fundamentally re-shape financial services, partnering with leading financial institutions and the most disruptive fintechs in the world. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a Director of Financial Services, EMEA to join our Financial Services Vertical Solutions organization. The ideal candidate is a Financial Services industry expert with knowledge of Financial Services business processes. S/he has a point of view on how operational transformation can differentiate the employee and customer experience in Financial Services. S/he has experience building or selling enterprise software solutions for the Financial Services industry. And s/he is passionate storyteller with the ability to communicate an innovative vision and roadmap for the Financial Services industry.
This role will serve as ServiceNow’s thought leader for the Financial Services industry in EMEA. The Director of Financial Services, EMEA will collaborate with customers and partners to co-develop industry solutions specific to the EMEA market, work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Partner organizations to bring solutions to market, build trusted relationships with customer executives, and support account teams on strategic planning and sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
1) Industry Experience in EMEA: 12+ years working in or selling into Financial Services organizations in the EMEA market in an industry subject matter expert, Operations, or Digital Transformation capacity. The role requires expertise on key business processes and operational transformation in the Financial Services industry and in-depth knowledge of the business models and regulations specific to Financial Services in EMEA.
2) Solution Development: Proven track record of collaborating with internal domain experts, customers and partners to create industry-specific solutions for Financial Services organizations tailored to the local EMEA markets. Demonstrated ability to determine repeatable industry use cases, understand technology ecosystem, craft compelling positioning and identify areas of opportunity based on total addressable market.
3) Strategic Planning: Ability to create and drive the Financial Services strategic business plan for EMEA, prioritizing key local markets and target solutions. History of being accountable to sales and solution revenue and pipeline goals.
4) Cross-Functional Execution: Proven ability to generate results in a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Alliances organizations around a common Retail Banking industry strategy.
5) Content Development: Demonstrated ability to create and distribute internal and external content, such as sales enablement, industry thought leadership, solutions, and customer stories to drive awareness and ServiceNow’s growth in the Retail Banking industry.
6) Customer Engagement: Ability to present to large customer audiences and build credibility with CxOs. Proven track record of and passion for building relationships with sales teams as a trusted advisor on account strategy and strategic opportunities.
● 12+ years of experience working in or selling into the Retail Banking industry, with deep knowledge of operational business processes
● Self-starter with demonstrated leadership experience
● Understanding of key repeatable industry use cases in Financial Services
● Strong communication and writing skills. Top notch public speaking skills.
● Experience creating captivating industry positioning and thought leadership
● Ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with customers and sales organizations
● Superior organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
● Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or the digital workflow technology market
● Ability to thrive in a super-fast paced, constantly evolving company
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or related Master’s Degree is a plus.
● Ability to travel up to 60% of the time