SQL Developer / DBA
- Full Time
- Central Glasgow
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
- Integrity We do what is right
- Partnerships We work together
- Excellence We pursue design excellence
- Innovation We embrace ingenuity
- Community We build community
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI Group, were defining the cities of tomorrow.
We are a recognised leader in the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) field, having acted as consultant, designer and systems and software developers on projects with local and national highway and transport organisations, in the UK and overseas. Our professionals bring expertise across the broad spectrum from policy development and concept design, through software and systems development to operations and maintenance. The firm has significant experience in the fields of strategy and policy, traffic management and network operation, traveller information systems, data analysis, ticketing and smart cards, tolling and security.
Our team, based in central Glasgow, includes software and web developers, user interface designers, database developers and administrators and test and release engineers supported by project managers and ITS professionals. We offer training, support and career development for all our staff within their relevant fields of expertise. Equally we appreciate the value to our staff and the firm in developing cross disciplines skills and gaining experience across all areas of our business.
Our Development team in Glasgow is expanding to meet an increasing work load.We are seeking a SQL Developer / DBA to join a successful team and continue to build the Intelligent Transport Systems of the future.You will be working on a large range of exciting client based projects and helping to define our data development strategy. You will provide a pro-active service by ensuring data management policies, standards and procedures are being followed in both the development and production environments while identifying and suggesting any areas for improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with software developers, project managers and client operations teams to produce, enhance and maintain systems
- In the development and test database environments, assist Developers and the QA Managers in providing development functions: Design | Build / Develop | Test | Secure
- In the development, test and production database environments, provide administration functions to: Design | Install | Upgrade | Administer | Monitor performance and troubleshoot
- In the production database environment, assist the Deployment Manager to: Deploy | Manage and monitor
- Create and maintain technical documentation throughout the project life-cycle
- Develop technical specifications
- Research new technologies for eventual implementation in enhancing systems
- Participate in the overall functioning of the development team using industry standards and best practices
Skills & Qualifications:
- a good Bachelors with honours or Masters degree in an engineering, scientific, numerate / technical discipline. Or other relevant qualification
- Three to four years professional experience in relevant roles
- Experience of MS SQL (we use 2012, 2014, 2016 and Azure) in a SQL Developer/DBA role
- A solid understanding of database design, development and administration
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS
- Experience of continuous integration and build pipeline
- The ability to troubleshoot issues
- Pro-active approach to work
- An interest and desire for continued learning
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate complex information and ideas to colleagues and work to build consensus
Some experience or knowledge of any of the following is not essential but would be warmly received:
- Additional database technologies (e.g. Oracle, Non-relational databases)
- Full SQL Server stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Agile methodology
- Front / Middle / Back End development
- Batch / command file creation
- Team City
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and drivers license record.