Are you looking for an exciting career where you can combine your administration skills with your passion for all things sport? If the answer is YES, MCR Active could have the ideal role for you.
As part of our continuing expansion, MCRactive is now looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and hard-working Sport Strategy Officer to join our team.
Your New Role
As a Sport Strategy Officer, you will play a key role in the development of Manchester's sporting ambitions and aspirations across a wide range of sports. Through the delivery of the Manchester Sport and Physical Activity Strategy, you will be driving relationships across a number of focus sports, developing and monitoring individual sports strategies/ action plans.
You will demonstrate strong partnership working with key stakeholders across the sporting landscape including representatives from National Governing Bodies of Sport, Sport England, schools, universities, performance squads, facility operators, sports clubs and volunteers.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
If you have first class administration skills and a passion to get Manchester moving, you could be the ideal candidate for our Sport Strategy Officer role. To be considered for this position, you will require the following knowledge and experience:
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Great communication skills with the ability to write clearly, concisely, and correctly avoiding the use of unnecessary jargon
- Committed, adaptable, perseverant and with the drive to complete tasks to deadlines
- The ability to recognise the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of data/information
- Experience of project management
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience of partnership working
- The ability to manage budgets in line with MCRactive's financial regulations
- Extensive Knowledge of Local, Regional and National Sport and Leisure Sector.
- If required, a willingness to consent to and apply for an enhanced disclosure check
Please note - A full UK driver license would be beneficial!
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Sport Strategy Officer, you will be offered a competitive salary of £29,363 per annum.
This position is full time (35 hours per week) however requests for part time hours or job share will be considered.
MCRactive are a not for profit organisation, responsible for driving sport and physical activity across Manchester. Our goal is to inspire and encourage everyone to lead more active and healthy lives.
If you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Sport Strategy Officer, we want to hear from you! Click APPLY below.