Job descriptionJob Title:
Specialist Telecoms Engineer, also interested in Principal Telecoms Design Engineers
North West, commutable from Manchester, Wigan, Bolton, Stockport, Liverpool and Leeds
A Tier 1 leader in transport solutions is looking to take on a Specialist Telecoms Design Engineer to join their telecoms business in Manchester and run their Engineering Portfolio in the North West of England and to support other projects in the UK where required
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant subject
- Proven success leading and motivating a team of Telecoms engineers for effective design and delivery of telecommunications systems.
- IRSE License in relevant category (e.g. Telecoms Design or Project Engineer categories)
- Proven experience in CRE role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects
- Strong knowledge of BS7671 wiring regulations
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project
- Network Rail Personal Track Safety competency
- System knowledge in Copper Cable, Optical Fibre Cable, Lineside Cable Route, Transmission SDH and PDH, Network switches and routers, Modem Systems, Immunisation Systems, Signal Post Telephone Concentrator Systems, PABX Telephony systems, Voice Over IP, Lineside Telephony, Public Emergency Telephone System, Driver Only Operation (Mirror, CCTV, Monitor), GSM-R, Cab Secure Radio, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Charger and Battery Power Supplies, Rail Signalling System Circuits, Earthing Systems, Station Information and Security System CCTV, PA, Help Point etc.
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
Ideally a Chartered Engineer or equivalent status
As a Specialist Engineer you will be responsible for the pricing and delivery of all telecoms designs within the North West portfolio and Major Signalling framework, ensuring designs are safe, delivered to relevant standards, comply with CDM regulations and deliver the required quality and efficiencies expected by the client and their customers. You will be required to lead a team of design engineers, being responsible for their competence, day to day performance and development.
Reporting to the design manager, you will have input into the nationwide design team strategy, undertaking the strategy lead in key technology areas.
Full Job Description on Request.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Source : Navartis