Job Reference: 260-2340-SS-LDN-B
- Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Gender Identity Development Service
- Tavistock Center, 120 Belsize lane, London NW3 5BA, London
- £45,780 - £51,393 per annum inclusive of HCAs
The Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist all age, outpatient only mental health Trust with a focus on Training and Education alongside a full range of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and Psychological Therapies. The Trust is committed to improving mental health and emotional wellbeing, believing that high quality mental health services should be available for all who need them. Our contribution is distinctive in the importance we attach to social experience at all stages of people’s lives, and our focus on psychological and developmental approaches to the promotion of health and the prevention and treatment of mental ill health.
The Trust makes its contribution through:
• Providing relevant and effective clinical services for children and families, young people and adults, ensuring that those who need our services can access them easily
• Providing training and education aimed at building an effective and sustainable NHS and Social Care workforce and at improving public understanding of mental health
• Undertaking research and consultancy aimed at improving knowledge and practice and supporting innovation
• Working actively with stakeholders to advance the quality of mental health care, and to advance awareness of the personal, social and economic benefits associated with psychological therapies
Clinical or Counselling Psychologists / Family Therapists / Social Workers / Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists / Clinical Nurse Specialist
We have a Permanent full time posts. Flexible working arrangements may be considered with a minimum of 7 sessions (0.7 WTE).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established highly specialist multidisciplinary team working with children and adolescents experiencing difficulties with their gender identity development. The service has two centres in London and Leeds, and outreach centres in Bristol and Birmingham. Due to an increase in referrals an opportunity has arisen for clinical posts in the Gender Identity Development Service for Children and Adolescents (GIDS).
The suitable post-holder may be based in London - which can be considered at interview. Successful candidates will be required to travel to regular outreach meetings across the UK.
The candidates should have some experience in a relevant work setting, including experience with patient populations who present with a high level of complexity and require skilled and multi-layered assessments and intervention. Whilst some experience of working with children and adolescents presenting with gender dysphoria is desirable, the capacity to work sensitively and appropriately within a client and professional group with diverse gender identity and sexuality and of ethnically diverse backgrounds is essential. Experience of consultation and multi-agency engagement would also be an advantage.
Candidates are requested to use the section "Supporting Information" on the application form to set out their reasons for applying and their suitability, referring to the person specification, for this post.
Proposed Interview Date : 24th Aug
For further details / informal visits contact:Name: GIDS TeamTelephone number: 020 8938 2030
For further information or an informal discussion about this role please contact the GIDS and ask to speak to any member of our Senior Team on 020 8938 2030.
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers. Therefore we want you to complete your e-learning modules prior to joining our organisation.
We communicate to all job applicants via the email address which has been provided on the application form. Please ensure you check your email on regular basis and inform us if you would prefer an alternative option or any changes to your details after making your application.
* The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
* Only those candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the person specification on their application will be shortlisted for this job.
*Candidates suitable for shortlisting will be contacted within three weeks. If you have not heard from us within this time then you have not been successful on this occasion.
* Interview arrangements will be communicated via email so please check your email regularly following the closing date
* In submitting an application form, you authorise Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post