Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region.The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a part time Specialist Assessor Coordinator
Requirements for the role:
- Recognised qualification to level 7 or above SpLD Practising Certificate (or suitable qualification to meet the requirements of a specialist assessor)
- A university degree with qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Experiencing of conducting access arrangements assessments
Responsibilities for the role:
- To carry out specialist assessment for identified students
- Work closely with colleagues within the team
- Liase with Exams Department to complete necessary paperwork for exam concession applications in accordance with JCQ regulation
The Location: The post is based at: Nuneaton/ but travel to other sites will be required. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- Points 19 – 21 (FTE £21424 pa to FTE £22638 pa)*
- 7.5 hours per week x 35 weeks (Full Year)* Important information below
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
*Please note the following:
- The role is term time only.
- The salary advertised is for a full time equivalent role i.e. 37 hours x 52 weeks.
- For the academic year 2020 to 2021 the salary will be reduced due to the number of weeks worked being less than 35 weeks.