Solutions Development Consultant
Reporting To: Professional Services Director
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £40,000 /year
The Blue Group is the coalition of two marketing solution providers offering a complete range of data-driven marketing services to marketers around the world.
The businesses works out of offices in Bristol UK (HQ), Cheltenham UK, Egham UK, Raleigh USA and Nimes FRANCE, and service over 400 clients including some of the biggest brands on the planet.
The Solution Development Manager is a resource within the Solution Development Team.
- To deliver project work in a timely and technically proficient manner.
- To be a technical reference point for peers within the Solution Development Team, and the wider BlueGroup community.
- Be an advocate for the company when dealing with clients.
- Provide training and mentor peers on products and tools used within the company.
- Be seen as a technical lead with the team and demonstrate your technical knowledge when required.
- Regularly suggest process improvements, extended knowledge of the latest technologies and create business cases to support on-going development.
- Line manage the Solution Development Team
- Adhere to the Blue Group Solution Development Best Practice methodology.
- Role within a project could be Technical Lead, Developer or Consultant.
- Contribute & Review Definition documents andTDS documents.
- Development using: SQL Server / Microsoft BI Stack / Optica / MySQL / PowerShell / .net / Tableau / Etc.....
- Knowledge of internal products to include improved features and installation/upgrade approaches.
- Responsible for ensuring that any solution enhancements or bug fixes that have been worked on personally are maintained within Source Control.
- Maintain Team Documents including use of SharePoint, Confluence and Jira.
- Liaise with Project Management to provide updates.
- Provide Desk Side Skills Transfer and relevant handover to Client Services and Support teams.
- Provide support to the support/managed service teams on BAU's when requested.
- Support other Teams when necessary.
- Act as a Technical Lead both internally and externally to clients and suppliers.
- Continuous Development of skillset and demonstrate working knowledge of latest development products/platforms on the market.
- Internal product improvements and upgrades as part of innovation/POC projects.
- Support the BlueGroup Software Business Ready Process.
- Assist pre-sales as required.
- Travel to client sites and other BlueGroup offices as required.
- Support of clients out of hours with regards to the 24/7 solution monitoring system.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on Clients from other areas of the business.
- Ensure that Deployment notifications and Solution Change Notifications are sent promptly.
- Record time accurately in timesheet system.
- Work towards completing quarterly objectives.
- Work towards completing development plan milestones.
- Preparation and maintenance of Resource Schedule in conjunction with PM function
- Point of escalation for project and change control risks and issues.
- Management and escalation of project and change control changes, issues, risks and successes.
- Planning of, attendance at, and taking minutes of Development Team meetings and ad-hoc meetings/conference calls.
- Organisation of appropriate BlueVenn resources.
- Support the development and delivery of the BlueVenn standard project methodology.
- Sign off internal project stage gates.
- Leading SCRUM meetings with the development team.
- Admin and maintenance of Jira and Confluence.
- Creation and maintenance of operating procedures and templates (ISO standard).
- Supporting the Project Manager in the production of detailed project documentation.
- Allocation of tasks to resources in the development team.
- Responsible for ensuring the team adhere to quality controls.
- Review and sign off of all project and change control estimates.
- Fortnightly 1-2-1 team meetings.
- Setting and reviewing achievement of quarterly objectives.
- Managing the internal SCV product improvement project.
- Review and sign-off of calculated project costs.
- Collating out of hours support time and sending to HR by months end
- Provide training and mentoring to the team
- Company Bonus Scheme - up to 5% of your annual salary, paid quarterly, based on objectives
- Group Salary Exchange Pension - 5% of your basic salary from the Company (with a minimum 3% contribution from you)
- Private Health Care for you and family
- Death in Service - 4 times salary
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Share Options
To apply to our vacancy for a Solutions Development Consultant, please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!