The Solution Director will work with senior management to take the lead on defining, developing and managing InterSystems solutions, including assessing market and product requirements, competitor analysis and customer feedback. They will define solutions for international sales opportunities within InterSystems that involve one or more InterSystems products or offerings (typically more than one) i.e. TrakCare, TCLE and/or HealthShare and help drive the go-to-market strategy and related operational plans. They will develop and integrate market and related research to ensure correct positioning for solutions and represent the company at customer, partner and industry events when required. The role will be both client and supplier facing, with the key focus of the role supporting tenders.
Direct involvement in sales opportunities:
- Responsibility for all aspects of solution definition; architecture (business, process, application, data and technology), functional component choices, integration and interfacing requirements, technical delivery definition – hosting, cloud etc, security and non-functional areas including performance, deployment and configuration, operational support etc.
- Act in accordance with the Discovery phase of InterSystems Aries Customer Engagement Methodology, which will be modified from time to time as part of our ongoing culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsibility for liaising with development and delivery partners, both within InterSystems and with third parties for additional solution components as required. This will mean working closely with each of the InterSystems product group owners responsible for strategic direction, development and delivery.
- In support of pre-sales, sales and procurement activities and opportunities, the role will partner closely with the Bid Director and Sales Executive responsible for each opportunity as a tight-knit team to ensure successful delivery of bid proposals.
- Lead on solution governance within InterSystems, ensuring all relevant parties are in agreement on the proposed solution, the associated costs, and functional, non-functional requirements; including financial, commercial and legal. The role will also support the sales governance processes.
Market definition and solution set strategy
- Builds in-depth knowledge of customer business priorities, challenges and initiative that can be translated back into InterSystems solution opportunities.
- Responsibility for determining, wherever and whenever possible, a common approach to proposed solutions i.e. establishing and maintaining a common EHCR solution set, relevant to and in support of multiple bids. This will involve not only the ongoing liaison with individual product owners, but also input into the strategic portfolio direction taken by InterSystems. This, in turn, may involve determining market direction and influencing solution, product and market strategy within InterSystems.
- Projection of the InterSystems solution set and solution approach within the market, not only in individual opportunities but also wider eHealth settings.
Management and Reporting
- The Solution Director role naturally straddles the product development and delivery organisations, and the sales organisation, acting as the fulcrum between these areas. Close alignment, communications and reporting with the VP International Business and international Bid Director roles is, therefore, key.
· Excellent customer relationship management skills
· Strong track record of developing and leading solution/product strategy and roadmaps management
· Strong operational and contract management experience in Healthcare IT
· At least 10 years of solution sales experience working in a Health Sciences-related field with a thorough understanding of the administrative and/or clinical processes within the local market.
· Experience leading efforts resulting in $1M+ transaction value.
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively in support of the changing business needs
· In-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices.
· Knowledge of competitive and partner products, technology and solutions.
· Ability to engage and manage teams with diverse backgrounds
· An effective and credible story teller with a strong ability to map customer challenges to our capabilities, regardless of the practice or competency, and can link those conversations back to business outcomes.
· Effective presentation skills
· Experience in managing large, fixed price engagements in government, public and/or private sector businesses
· Exposure to software development processes and enterprise-level technical architectures.
· Solid experience with tools like Salesforce.
Happy to accept responsibility, hold themselves accountable for failure as well as success, bring the best out in others, be respected by their peer group and demonstrate a tendency to take charge in group situations.
The desire to succeed, willingness to go the extra mile, passion for results, healthy sense of competition.
Decision making and judgement
Identifies critical factors to consider when makings decisions; prioritises tasks and goals appropriately; effectively assesses risks and returns; can make considered decisions on less-than-perfect information.
Communication and influence
Is articulate and gives clear, concise, and focused answers to questions; explains opinions and positions respectfully; uses empathy to persuade others; keeps key people informed; ability to communicate with diverse audiences; ability to facilitate. Is friendly, personable and engaging. Identifies the most appropriate form of communication.
Teamwork and collaboration
Ability to collaborate effectively with people of comparable talents and different strengths; handles conflict constructively; avoids being argumentative; willing to pitch in and do the mundane things that need to be done; treats people at all levels and within all roles with respect.
Efficiency and attention to detail
Committed to tasks while adhering to time-line; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy.
Ability to handle changes in direction and work priorities with ease, not set in their ways, enjoys a new challenge, accepts ambiguity and works effectively with all kinds of people at all levels. Is positive and level-headed under pressure; adaptable.
Demonstrates the ability to see the ‘big picture’ and see own actions in terms of the business impact. A strategic thinker will be future-orientated and will be likely to challenge conventional thinking. Considers limitations and solutions at all levels and understand wider implications and consequences of change, collaborating on this with the team.
Displays a hunger for continuous improvement including personal development, product development and team workflow and systems, remaining open to mentoring and advice from senior roles. Applies dedication to personal and professional development.
The ability and willingness to learn from experience and then apply that learning to perform successfully in new situations.
· University undergraduate degree level
· Proficiency in English
· University postgraduate degree level in IT, Science or Engineering
· MBA or equivalent business experience
· Proficiency in English and one other language