SoftwareONE Technology Services is a premier provider of professional and managed services. Our Technology Services ethos places the customer outcomes at the heart of everything we do. SoftwareONE works closely with customers to align business and IT objectives.
We support the organizational goals through our solutions. Based on the business objectives and IT investments, we provide IT strategy, defined roadmaps, and design and implement solutions to accelerate the transformation of our customer's business.
At SoftwareONE we are customer-focused. Delighting customers means we’re innovative and committed. Meet Daniel Davinci, Director - Global SAP Technology Practice and hear him talk about his career journey, our growing SAP practice and the kind of talent he is looking to be a part of his winning team
The Solution Specialist (SS) is responsible for driving and co-owning SAP solution sales, business development, and marketing activities within his/her assigned region. The role functions as a partnership with the primary account manager and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions, the SS is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to developing the technical solutions business in the region. The SS is the technical lead in the region for pre-sales (both managed and professional services) customer engagements and sales enablement for the respective region. The role also serves as the liaison between the assigned sales team and customers and professional services delivery resources which include both in-house and partner delivered services. The SS will scope professional services opportunities and assist in the creation and delivery of Statements of Work (SoW) to customers.
The SS role within the sales process is to fully understand a prospect’s business problem and construct a solution around that problem leveraging SAP products. The SS exhibits a high level of sales and business maturity, operates independently in pre-sales activities and has the proven ability to quickly understand business problems and find the appropriate SAP technology offerings and differentiators.
A SS interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The Primary role of the SS during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that the SAP solution can solve the customer’s problem. During these cycles they often take on the role of a Solution Captain. In addition to deal support, a SS collaborates with sales and Delivery Engineer teams to plan and execute business development strategies. The SS understands technical architecture and design expertise within the SAP Cloud based technologies, process and integration solutions space.
- Prospect Qualification: The SS aids in qualifying prospects to assure they are well-aligned with SAP’s solution capabilities.
- Presales Lifecycle Management: The SS provides high quality, business-oriented and technical support to the sales and pre-sales team to assure the product-oriented aspects of the sales campaign are strongly aligned with the business objectives of the prospect throughout the sales cycle.
- Account Management: The SS owns key accounts from a technical and solution perspective, and in some ways from a Business perspective to identify ongoing opportunities and guide business users.
Roles & Responsibilities
Sales & Services
- Partners and co-owns sales activities at a customer level with the field-based account manager (Business Development Manager [BDM]).
- Own and progress opportunities through the qualification, definition, proof/evaluation, proposal and closure stages of the sales cycle with attention to timelines.
- Respond to the functional and business requirements and capabilities sections of RFI/RFPs.
- Engage with the sales representative and prospect to ensure a prospect’s business needs can be addressed with SAP’s current and roadmap product capabilities.
- Listen, understand, and analyse the prospect’s business requirements and compose, validate, and present the best possible SAP solution.
- Prepare and deliver value-based “fit to standard” software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- Work with other SS to define the prospect’s target solution architecture that fulfills their business objectives. Work with the Sales team to structure the proposal that meets the prospect’s target architecture.
- Establish trust relationships with customers and prospects and understand their objectives.
- Analyze & gather business requirement from large & complexity client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on client requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with BDMs and local sales leadership to drive net new business opportunities within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Prepares cost estimates for licensing and product sales as well as professional services (deployment, migration, implementation, workshops, etc.) by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with other engineers, architects, practice leads and other professional and technical personnel (both internal and external).
- Develop overall solutions including high-level design (e.g.-Whiteboarding), statements of work (SOW), service design and bills of materials (BOM).
General Business Development, Marketing, & Partnerships
- Assist and own partnership/alliance functions to assigned partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison to local partners (VARs, publishers, distribution, etc.) to ensure available resources are being utilized where appropriate.
- Act as a technical evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by preparing and delivering content and messaging.
- Experience engaging with senior leaders (CxO level) on various solutions and business problems. Able to listen and analyze a prospect’s requirements and present to a compelling business value message of a solution
- Possess deep and expert knowledge of: finance, procurement, order to cash, manufacturing, supply chain or projects
- Demonstrated ability to present business solutions to executive levels with a focus on solutions selling
- Provide presales support to the largest, most well-qualified deals
- Ability to, review and augment Proof Of Value documents, and various project plans involving SAP technologies.
- Able to work independently and multi-task while managing multiple customer opportunities at a time
- Ability to give guidance and consult with customers on various levels of the organization.
- Advise internal senior management on the technical and business strategy within active deals.
- Guide Solution Consultants and Presales in Technical and Business situations to become more effective in handling objections and customer challenges
- Travel required up to 50%.
- Maintain and report on regional service delivery, sales pipeline, and project status.
- Maintain and acquire advanced level technical certification in assigned area and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
What we need to see from you
- Strong understanding of SAP’s Products including internal Architecture, with an ability to leverage these in the sales cycle.
- Strong understanding of SAP High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for on premise and Cloud Platforms
- Strong understanding of Cloud Platforms (AWS and Azure preferred) and how SAP runs on those platforms.
- Strong experiences with implementation of SAP technologies in customer projects or Proof of Values.
- Expert in providing best practices to customers and helping with IT Strategy and implementation planning related to SAP Cloud solutions domain
- Have good Technical/Solution understanding and speaking knowledge about SAP's Cloud products and capabilities
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- University degree preferred (in the field of Information Technology and/or or equivalent combination of experience and education; Master’s degree preferred).
- 7+ years or equivalent experience selling products and services in SAP.
- Ability to sell, scope, price with limited support.
- “Excellent” experience in Consultative and Solution Selling Presales role
- Understanding of business infrastructure technology, Experience with Internet software development concepts
- Experience with Business Infrastructure concepts (SOA, BPM, BAM, EAI,API)
- Very strong in depth knowledge of SAP core technologies or Similar ERP technologies
- Cloud Technology and Solution Experience
- SaaS Cloud Model Experience
What you should really know about us.
Strip away everything. Strip away our brand, strip away our buildings, strip away our offices. What are we left with? Our people. This is what makes SoftwareONE successful. Passionate people who live and breathe our values every day, who delight our customers, every day, and who go above and beyond, every day. Our culture is unique, and I believe that having the right people, and empowering them to succeed, is the absolute key to our success.Patrick Winter, Founder.
What we expect from our employees
Success at SoftwareONE is not defined by what you do for yourself, but by what you deliver for our customers, the business and for the employees around you. SoftwareONE employees are energized, agile and are laser focused on delivering world class Customer Satisfaction and results. Our leaders motivate and inspire their teams and provide a working environment that delivers incredible levels of Employee Satisfaction. We are Humble, have a very high degree of Integrity and are simply not interested in politics. Our leaders operate with a high levels of Discipline but are able to work at Speed manage change in a global economy.
“SoftwareONE is an equal opportunity employer. With employee satisfaction as one of our core values, we are passionate about diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We want every employee to have the greatest experience of their career.”