Solution Engineer, Senior Manager - 29294
Profession: Solution Engineering
Work Location: Europe-United Kingdom-London
Welcome to SITA... We lead one of the most exciting and advanced industries on earth. Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and it’s our job to support their operations. As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we’re committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
Our Vision: Easy air travel every step of the way.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
With us there are no limits for people looking to explore the edges of possibility and beyond. Together, we Go.Far.
Challenge: Our people take on some of the biggest challenges in our industry. They aren't afraid to think bigger, work harder and deliver smarter solutions that are continuously transforming air travel.
Opportunity: Taking on these challenges opens up a world of opportunities for our people. We make sure they have the chance to develop their skills, explore new horizons and grow their careers on a global scale.
At SITA we believe that creating and nurturing an inclusive culture is about who we are as an organisation, and as an employer. Diversity is more than a target to us, it’s a key part out of our collective identity and values.
The Solution Engineer provides customers with professional, timely, accurate and effective proposals to provide SITA services. The Solution Engineer drives new business opportunities by leveraging knowledge of information technologies and of the air transport industry. The role produces cost effective, deliverable solutions to customers, based on a detailed pre-sales review of customer business requirements, strong product knowledge and applicable professional and technical services. The commercial goals are to increase the overall customer satisfaction, to expand new business revenue, and to promote continuing revenue retention. The role also needs to support Delivery in the capacity of a Solution Engineer which will require documenting the overall solution, including non-functional solution components such as Interface design, Data Migration, Infrastructure design (with the aid of an Infrastructure specialist), etc.
Your role will involve:
- Be the prime interface to customers on technical & commercial matters and lead customer engagements, from initial contact to solution deployment;
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with customers;
- Work with customers to better understand their business and develop sound solutions to meet the customer's business requirements;
- Work closely with Account Managers/Directors to develop sales and accounts development strategies;
- Promote SITA by furnishing customers with comprehensive, up-to-date information on current products, product enhancements and new solutions, through customer meetings and workshops;
- Design and co-ordinate the development of business solutions which may involve multiple parties both internally and externally;
- Support the technical qualification of customers' communication needs through knowledge of current, new or evolving technologies, and SITA solution portfolios;
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders, such as Pricing, Customer Service, and Project Management, to build business case for customer proposals;
- Own the technical and commercial parts of proposals submitted to customers;
- Work closely with project manager to ensure efficient transfer of projects for implementation;
- Interact with colleagues to gain and share ideas and opportunities, provide coaching and mentoring in pre-sales activities;
- Supports sales groups or competency centers during the pre-contract phases (qualification proposal and contract) with technical designs and advice;
- Oversees the design and development of standard and complex solutions which may involve multiple parties both internally and externally including the selection of 3rd party vendor to meet customer requirements.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in a Solution Designer / Solution Engineer/ Technical Pre-sales role.
- Proven track record in producing, communicating, and documenting successful technical customer solutions.
- Air Transport Industry experience in a relevant role is a plus.
- Design end-to-end enterprise solutions
- Sound knowledge in system architecture, business architecture, application architecture, as well as data architecture
- Familiarity with system operations management
- Familiarity with one or more of the following enterprise technologies is a big plus
- Relational Database, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Enterprise server platform, such as JEE, .NET, Spring, Spring.NET, etc.
- Queue based middleware, such as WebSphere MQ, MSMQ
- Enterprise integration technology, such as ServiceMix, TIBCO, MuleSoft
- Skills: NoSql technology, such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Big Data technology, such as Elastic Search, Apache Hadoop, Machine Learning and Biometrics (If the candidate has these skills will be a plus point for this role).
- Familiar with business transition management
- Commercial and financial awareness with knowledge and experience in business accounting, e.g., aware or understand P&L, Financial Statements, Cash Flow, and thus able to contribute in building a profitable business case
We would like it if you have the below qualifications:
- University degree at a Graduate level in a technology discipline or equivalent experience.
- Architectural certification is a plus (e.g., TOGAF, Zachman)
If you apply, we will carefully review your fit against the position criteria and feedback to you. If your profile does not meet the criteria, we will retain your profile as an active applicant for future consideration. If you need direct support, you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest in SITA.