Lead Solutions Architect- AWS cloud, Microservices , Dev Ops, Kubernetes / Docker , API
Digital at HSBC
HSBC has committed over %242 billion dollars to a digital revolution, driving innovation and transforming our digital capabilities. We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of our over 41 million Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) customers worldwide.
HSBC Digital Solutions (HDS) is an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
The Digital teams’ work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
We are looking for collaborative leaders with the spirit to make change happen. We champion brave new ideas that will transform customer experiences.
The Originations Product teams within HDS Digital are helping to build the front door of the future of the bank - for new customers and existing customers who will be taking out new products. We are building new journeys and scaling them out around the world, whilst at the same time ensuring that we continue to add innovative features which will enable the bank to remain competitive in the future digital landscape.
Originations covers products such as current accounts, savings, credit cards, loans and more. With teams in London, Krakow, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Pune and Vancouver, we’re growing rapidly and are seeking excellent new team members to help guide the agile delivery teams, lead the backlog refinement with stakeholders plan out the future.
Originations product makes it effortless for customers to onboard and buy products from HSBC. Using the latest front end and server side technologies, based in 8 international development locations, we build mobile first but channel agnostic customer journeys. We are the front door and 1st experience of HSBC to our customers. In multiple markets we have reduced the time to join HSBC from weeks to days to minutes. This not only transforms customers experience but changes the shape of our business by enabling significant growth and channel shift, also reducing operational cost by replacing manual business process with APIs to power our products.
The Lead Solutions Architect is a technical and people leadership position which will champion innovative architectural solutions within Agile team structures at HSBC. They will provide architectural direction across a portfolio of cross functional teams working with analysts, developers and testers.
The Lead Solutions Architect is required to be familiar with current digital technology landscape and will work closely with business leads to drive the detailed design of the solutions to support business needs, driving the art of the possible by exploiting the current technology landscape.
The Lead Solutions Architect is to serve as a consultant to the business on technical direction that drives the business goals, provide insight on how to best exploit current platforms and be able to talk to the direction to future trends, as well as provide design guidance to the global development teams.
This role will have a reporting line to the Head of Solutions Architecture.
- Providing innovative and practical designs that account for the end to end solution of a function that is in line with the business objectives
- Communicating short, medium and long term architecture in a business context to ensure relevant and addressing the business need
- Ensuring architectural definition aligns with both the business objectives and the technology estate to standardize and simplify the associated application portfolio over time
- Providing architectural direction, guidance to the global engineering teams working in an Agile environment.
- Developing skills across architecture team and wider department
- Leading Architecture design for specific functions within the RBWM Digital scope
- Driving technical understanding and direction in both Business and Technical senior leadership at HSBC.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working in relevant environment/s and role i.e. Solutions architect in digital technologies
- Technical and business stakeholder management from developers to executive management
- Experience of being accountable for significant for architectural decisions and provide justification for decisions taken
- Experience in development and utilisation of more junior team members, being responsible for the career development and performance of team members
- Solid awareness of cross-browser/device “responsive” development
- Standards compliant HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Bootstrap
- Knowledge of implementation considerations for UI technologies including jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js
- Experience of API and service based architectures using SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- PaaS/IaaS – OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure & Cloudbees
- DevOps processes and experience
- Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
- Have strong experience delivering to AAA accessibility standards and usability principles
The base location for this role is our Digital Hub - The Bluefin Building, Southwark, London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.