Division:Location: Term: Working Hours: Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£41m and over 420 staff - including 300 fee earners - across 5 offices nationally and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, independent healthcare providers, charities and GP practices.
The firm has been a member of NHS Resolution’s panel of lawyers since its inception and acts for 200 health, regulatory and housing clients. The Clinical Law Advisory division comprises nearly 30 fee earners working in three offices (Wimbledon, Leeds and Birmingham) and m carries out a wide range of work across:
- consent and confidentiality;
- judicial reviews;
- mental health issues;
- clinical risk management.
We are seeking a solicitor or barrister to join our highly regarded team of advocates and healthcare advisory specialists, focusing on information law issues. Our clients in the health and housing sectors handle particularly sensitive information and many are looking at novel uses of data. Candidates will therefore be expected to have experience of advising on information law issues, ideally across transactional, advisory and litigation issues. Our information law work focusses on:
- Responding to complex subject access requests in the health, regulatory and housing spheres, together with other information rights requests;
- Support to our specialist Employment and Corporate and Commercial teams for instance drafting data sharing and processing agreements;
- Common law confidentiality and vires issues for statutory bodies; and
- There is the scope for advocacy and client secondments in the above role, and the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work on broader work-streams within the team as outlined above.
The team pride themselves on their professionalism and being well-respected and liked by both clients and colleagues. You will need to be able to fit into a structured corporate environment but in return you can expect to receive excellent supervision. Your experience is preferably gained within a leading healthcare practice of solicitors or barristers, although we will consider experienced lawyers without healthcare experience.
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.
Capsticks is an agile firm and is open to conversations about flexible working.