Practice Area: Housing (Plot Sales and Site Set Up)
Location: Winchester or London
Vacancy: Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer or Licensed Conveyancer
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£40m and over 400 staff - including more than 250 fee earners - across 5 offices and acts for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, medical technology companies, independent healthcare providers, registered providers, insurers, defence organisations, charities and GP practices.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing Top 100 law firm that prides itself on being able to offer top quality work, excellent career prospects and a healthy work life balance in a supportive working environment.
The Housing division is thriving and carries out real estate transactions such as major development work, plot sales, right to buy, staircasing and shared ownership. It also has a very successful housing management department supporting housing associations with landlord/tenant matters.
We are seeking a self-motivated and committed Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer or Licensed Conveyancer to join our busy Plot Sales team in our London or Winchester office.
- undertaking site set ups including drafting of plot sale scheme documentation to include the drafting of the scheme lease for shared ownership, outright disposals and shared equity schemes;
- maintaining and streamlining working procedures to enable a smooth delivery of service to clients.
- regularly reviewing and updating workflow and case management systems to ensure they are reflective of current best practice as well as regulatory and legal changes.
- deal with complicated title, planning, estate management and infrastructure enquiries raised by buyers’ solicitors;
- managing a caseload of difficult or sensitive cases;
- provide on hand technical support to paralegals and transaction handlers to ensure that clients’ service deadlines for exchanges are met;
- dealing professionally and articulately with client enquiries and communications, demonstrating at all times a sound understanding and knowledge of the nature of the client’s business and the relevant affordable housing sales product.
- to understand the ethos of the Housing sector and assist in the attainment of key performance indicators and other quality standards required by the Housing clients;
- establishing strong relationships with the team’s clients and being the escalation point for complex matters and ensuring that client requirements are properly implemented by the team.;
- at least 2 years post-qualification experience , preferably within a leading housing or real estate practice;
- knowledge and understanding of affordable housing products, regulation and procedures, particularly in relation to shared ownership and equity; and
- proven experience of handling his/her own residential conveyancing caseload (ideally in a new build environment).
Particular knowledge and experience that would be beneficial for this role includes:
- site set up work for plot sales;
- a proven track record in LCHO/SH schemes and development work acting on the purchase of new build stock for residential clients;
- substantial experience in residential property – both leasehold and freehold;
- mortgage lender requirements in residential stock;
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.
Capsticks is an agile firm and is open to conversations about flexible working.