Top UK Law firm, with a national presence have an opening within their Employment, Pensions and Immigration team. This department advises employers across the UK on all aspects of employment, pensions and immigration law. Their clients are some of the UK's largest and best known employers. They believe that the quality of their clients and strength of their relationships with their clients speaks volumes about the quality of the service they provide.
To manage a mixed caseload of employment work and provide HR employment law advice to clients.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage a mixed caseload of employment work
- Provide HR employment law advice to a wide range of clients
- Assist other members of the team with their caseloads as appropriate
- Draft and prepare letters, e-mails, documents, tribunal responses, bundles, witness statements and reports
- Conduct advocacy at the Employment Tribunal
- Carry out legal research
- Draft articles and legal updates
- Assist with business development initiatives including training and networking
- Produce monthly Client MI reports, predominantly in MS Excel format
- Work in accordance with client and internal SLAs
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Comply with Data Protection compliance and procedures
The person specification
- 3+ PQE
- Keen and demonstrable interest in employment law, preferably with some previous experience
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Methodical, organised approach
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
If you would like to find out more, please contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine on 0121 5820379 or Adrian@cavendishmaine.com
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.