We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a passionate Test / Validation lead and are you looking for an opportunity to provide technical leadership in testing strategy and technologies to meet business needs?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Software verification Lead to join a fast-growing team and develop Opensource Software for a variety of systems built from our IP.
We’re building a new Verification/Test team as part of our Open Source Software group. You will have the opportunity to lead this team and implement new test frameworks, test automation setup and influence the overall quality with essential tooling.
Based at one of the ARM’s offices in Cambridge (UK) or Bangalore (India) the role will expose you to testing challenges faced in software - ranging from low-level firmware to operating systems.
You will have a challenging and dynamic role in verifying the full software stack for the next-generation Arm System (processors, interconnect and peripherals). If you have a high level of technical competence and an ability to pick up and apply new concepts and skills quickly, we want to hear from you.
Day to day activities will include:
- You will work closely with product managers, development teams and architects to help us design engineering systems that will deliver and robust, testable, secure and maintainable code
- You will be responsible for defining and owning the software validation strategy, the design and implementation of new test features and frameworks
- You will provide technical leadership in testing across the organization, providing the influence and drive to maintain testing scalability.
- You will roll-out automated test workflows to provide test feedback to the teams and keep them up-to-date,
- Taking ownership of Testing, debugging on different platforms (from software models, through FPGA systems, all the way to development boards and shipping products)
- Planning and estimation of the work
- You will be engaged with the engineering teams through the entire product lifecycle
- You will lead the regular stand-up meetings and monthly planning meeting as part of the scrum process delivering value from a backlog.
- Evangelise, educate and help drive a culture of quality across the engineering teams
- Research and investigate appropriate tooling options around static testing, run-time analysis and provide recommendations and roll-out.
- Seeking support from peers and cross-site teams, and collaborate to make successful deliveries
Education & Qualifications:
Established experience or a Bachelor’s (or above) degree in a STEM subject.
- You are enthusiastic, self-driven, flexible, with strong social skills, ability to work on own initiative and enjoy working in a team,
- Prior project experience on software testing/validation for embedded systems and memory constraint platforms,
- Track record of analyzing and steering test strategy in an organization spanning wide geography.
- Experience in the development and use of Software test frameworks and automation tools
- Very good scripting capability with bash, python and/or Perl languages,
- Experience in development of test frameworks for embedded systems using C or C++
- Experience in the use of CI framework and code development using Git SCM
- Experience with standard test design techniques - ISEB/ISTQB certification,
- Experience of providing technical leadership in one or more significant projects.
- Experience of people leadership
- Security testing experience for embedded systems,
- Functional safety testing experience for safety-critical systems, knowledge of ISO 26262
- Exposure to static and dynamic code analysis tools would be beneficial.
- Basic understanding of computer architecture, micro-architecture concepts and assembly language
- Understanding of ARM architecture fundamentals
- Experience with opensource development
- Experience with security, e.g. SDL
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps