Software Tester – Syston, Leicester
Our client is a successful business based in Syston, Leicester. They are looking for a software tester to join a small testing team, providing manual testing services to the business as part of the programme/portfolio team, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
This is a varied role that will suit a software tester who enjoys testing a range of applications. You will be working closely with business users and third party suppliers so you will need to be comfortable with this aspect of the role.
Here are the skills you will require:
- 2+ years of software testing (Manual)
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle – essential
- ISEB accreditation – preferred
- Producing test plans, documentation & scenarios to a high level
Here’s what your role will entail:
- Analysing project documentation to ensure thorough understanding of system or product change. Eg. business requirements documents, product specifications, user cases or process flow diagrams.
- Work with Senior Test Analyst to ensure testing allocation and workflows within the Testing Team.
- Producing relevant test documentation and test scenarios to ensure effective testing of any changes and target test plans for each testing phase.
- Executing testing on behalf of the operational business units, and co-ordination with temporary business testers assigned from relevant operational teams for the purposes of supporting user acceptance testing where required. Acting as testing expert to provide support and guidance to operational units where required.
- Providing peer review of any test plans or scenarios produced by operational teams.
- Work with Senior Test Analyst to ensure defect logs both internally or with 3rd party suppliers are kept up to date. Retests of any fixes providing sign-off or remedial action recommendations. Escalate any blockers or issues to the Senior Test Analyst.
- Providing regular reporting, effort estimates and feedback to the Senior Test Analyst.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key partners such as IT, Change Programme (Project Managers and Business Analysts), Operational Teams and 3rd party software suppliers.
- Maintain, implement and adapt a set of testing practices and standards for the internal test function, for software testing and quality assurance. Creating Regression Test packs for all existing systems and products.
- Over time becomes the Subject Matter Expert in the company’s applications and their functionality upgrades, assisting in their integration into appropriate business areas.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your software testing skills in a key business team within a friendly workplace. Interested? Send your cv now! £25,000 - £35,000 plus company benefits.