Software Product Analyst
Location: Leamington Spa
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover, Permanent Health Insurance
Yotta is a provider of software and services; helping organisations, agencies and companies with asset rich environments to manage and make more informed decisions about their infrastructure assets.
We have a range of market leading software products backed up with a range of professional and consultancy services which help our customers deliver a better service across their organisations. Head Quartered in Royal Leamington Spa and with another office in Gloucester we have an English heritage. However, we are very much a global organisation. Operating in 25 countries and with a number of offices located globally, we are able to connect with customers and partners from all over the world.
We are part of the AIM listed Oxford Metrics Group of companies who provide vision technology across the life science, entertainment, defence and engineering sectors.
We are currently seeking a Software Product Analyst to be part of our growing and successful Product Team.The successful candidate will be a member of our Product Team, reporting to a Product Manager. The role is responsible for providing internal research support to Product team and leading innovation within Yotta for all products.
The responsibilities of the Software Product Analyst will be to work closely with product stakeholders to capture requirements and translate these into concepts and functional specifications. The role involves working closely with all areas and levels of the business throughout the product lifecycle, from conceptual shaping of the requirements through to release; liaising continuously with the design, development and test teams as a key participant in regular project updates. The role will also take responsibility of interpreting the captured usage analytics of the applications and translate these into insights for further product developments. The role also involves working with the team to create new concept documents, detailing the background and rationale behind new ideas and helping to pitch these concepts to product teams within Yotta.
The successful candidate will be required to develop a strong product knowledge. They must understand and balance business needs with the practicalities of development and implementation. Product Analysts work on a wide variety of concurrent projects therefore need to be able to self-manage their workload and time effectively whilst being responsive to changes in business priority. We offer guaranteed exposure to leading-edge technology and exposure to a mix of new product development and enhancements.
• Capture requirements and translate these into relevant concepts and specifications.
• Liaise with all areas of the business to collate and validate requirements.
• Create and maintain specifications and mock-ups in accordance with the business priorities, working practices and timescales.
• Present concepts to the business and clients for review and refinement.
• Facilitate workshops for key projects.
• Develop an expertise of the Yotta product offerings, our internal systems and 3rd parties we work with.
• Interpret application usage analytics and provide insights into product evolution.
• Provide regular specification updates to the Project Team and various stakeholders.
• Day to day communication with the business – product team members, account management, project management, development and test teams.
• Track requirements through a variety of governance tools and methods.
• Maintaining relationships and communication lines with account managers and external clients.
• A number of projects may involve working closely with customers to capture requirements to shape bespoke development projects.
• Ad hoc product research tasks as part of the wider team’s remit, and in support of broadening industry knowledge and experience.
• 2+ years’ experience in a Product Analyst role
• Strong record of academic achievement in Computer Science or related field
• Ability to grasp new concepts and systems using own initiative
• High standards of both written and oral communication
• IT orientated skill set
• Highly organised and administrative capability
• Ability to prioritise based upon changing commercial pressures
• Persuasive, confident and diplomatic
• Ability to present software proposals/concepts to project stakeholders
• Knowledge of BA methodologies and best practices
• Demonstrable experience of liaising with the business and client to understand requirements
• Knowledge of or experience within the Asset Management Industry
Yotta is an equal opportunities employer