Job level and salary will be dependent on experience.
Working in the Instrument Control Software team on the design and development of new products and on maintenance of released software.
The team is constantly exploring better ways to develop software using techniques such as pairing and mob programming.
This is an opportunity for you to explore/practise with a wide variety of software technologies and analytical instrumentation. We work in a highly supportive and collaborative environment where mentoring, coaching and training is provided throughout your career.
What can we offer?
In addition to competitive salaries, we provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection, private medical & dental, on-site gym and on-site restaurant, and free parking on-site.
Our core working hours are from 10am to 3pm, in a 37-hour week. This allows you to have the flexibility to start earlier & finish earlier or start later & finish later to give you the ability to manage personal and family commitments and have some true work-life balance.
A Positive, Supportive & Collaborative Environment:
Within the team, you’ll have the opportunity to explore & practise with a wide variety of software technologies and analytical instrumentation. We work in a highly supportive environment where mentoring, coaching and training is provided throughout your career. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
The chance to make a difference:
The software we develop is helping scientists all over the world to develop and produce novel solutions across the markets served by Waters. By providing easy to use workflows and investigative capabilities, we help scientists get better results, sooner. That can, for example, translate to new, life-enhancing drugs.
- Design, develop and maintain all aspects of software developed by the Instrument Control Software department.
- Work in close partnership with software test engineers to improve product quality.
- Provide code and supporting documentation in accordance with the software development processes and codes of practice.
- Give software and technical support to internal and external users.
- Identify opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or computing related subject.
- Development experience in C++, and ideally C# also.
- Passionate about software development which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
- Expanding technical expertise.
- Good problem solving approach and skills.
- Good communication and team working skills
Any of the following experiences would be desirable but not essential as training would be provided to you:
- Develop control software and experience with RTOS.
- Develop software for analytical instrumentation.
- Develop Linux OS/device drivers.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
People create the Waters difference. By engaging with our talented and diverse workforce we continuously evolve, develop and enhance our products. Being the world’s leading speciality measurement company, we believe in delivering innovative technology and system solutions to our valued customers to enable their success. At Wilmslow, our focus is on the development and delivery of mass spectrometry systems and software in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
Our mass spectrometers deliver benefit to customers in many industries and make a meaningful impact to our lives through examples such as
- Neo-natal screening to keep babies healthy
- Ensuring consistent, reliable safety in our global food and water supply
- Developing new medicinal therapies to advance human health
- Ensuring participants in the world’s sporting events compete fairly