Experian is a leading global information services company that unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and societies across the world.
During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 16,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
What we do:
We aim to place clients and consumers at the heart of everything we do. We help them to make the most of their data and realise their ambitions by enabling quicker, smarter decisions using our analytics and software.
The breadth, depth and accuracy of data, combined with analytics, help to drive informed and trusted decisions for our clients. We hold and manage powerful data sets, including credit data on 989 million people and 111 million businesses.
The data we hold varies, for example from how you have repaid credit in the past, to whether a car has been in an accident, to your eligibility for healthcare services in the USA, to how you like to respond to online advertising. Our industry experts collaborate with our data analysts and scientists to create innovative analytics and software to help solve our clients' challenges.
We help millions of consumers to:
• better access financial services;
• understand and improve their financial position;
• protect their identity; and
• know that their data is correct.
We help thousands of businesses and organisations to:
• manage credit risk;
• prevent fraud;
• better understand their customers; and
• better understand their markets and allocate resources.
Our clients come from a wide variety of areas, including financial services (33%), consumers (19%), healthcare (7%), retail (5%), telecoms and utilities (5%), automotive (5%), insurance (4%), media/technology (3%) and government and public sector (2%).
We provide services in North America, Latin America, UK and Ireland and EMEA/Asia Pacific, and we manage and report our performance across those regions. North America accounts for the largest proportion of revenues (56%), while Latin America accounts for 17%, UK and Ireland for 19%, and EMEA/Asia Pacific for 8%.
We employ more than 16,000 people across 37 countries. Our corporate headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, USA; and São Paulo, Brazil. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Market capitalisation was approximately £16bn as at May 2017 and, for the past three years, Experian has been named by Forbes magazine as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies'.
2. Our Brand
Our brand brings to life our strategy of putting clients and consumers at the heart of everything, being more collaborative through a 'One Experian' approach and even more innovative. It embodies a clear ambition for us to help people and businesses create a better future for themselves.
Our core beliefs are:
1. Data is central to how we all live. It has the potential to transform all our lives for the better.
2. We can unlock the power of data to realise opportunities for people and organisations.
3. It is how we can help that sets us apart. We place the power of data and our expertise in the hands of our customers, creating opportunities and helping them plan for a better future with confidence.
4. That we can make a difference to society and our communities, by helping people make the most of their data
5. That how we work is as important as what we do: we treat everyone fairly and their data with respect; we work with integrity, always.
3. Job Description
• Responsible for the development and testing of the solution and working closely with engineering teams to enable the efficient build of the software
• Responsible for planning team work to execute and deliver quality software products
• Ensure that appropriate processes and procedures are in place to make sure both development & testing are completed to agreed standard, methods and procedures
• Responsible for resource allocation to ensure development work are optimally assigned based on software engineers' skills and expertise
• Being accountable for the quality of the engineering teams and supporting through code review processes and testing strategies as a whole-team approach
• Drives continual improvement in quality and efficiency, including defect prevention/ root cause analysis, suggesting and adopting improvements to technology and efficiency
• Collaborates and partners across different functions including Product Management, Delivery, Support and Practice Groups
• Responsible for setting objectives and creating personal development plans for the team
• Responsible for developing the capabilities of the teams by attracting, developing, engaging, deploying and retraining key talents
• Participates in the recruitment process as well as training & mentoring team members
• Candidate should ideally possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or numerical discipline with strong computing background
• Significant experience in a similar or closely related role is expected to demonstrate competency
• Proven people management experience having directly managed a minimum team size of 10 software engineers & above
• A strong understanding of process and methodologies that drive scalable software development and testing
• Knowledge in Agile/Scrum/Lead methodology and Whole-team approach
• Proven record dealing with medium to large based deliveries around product development
• Experience of working in cross functional teams
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and challenging (and somewhat ambiguous) environment
• Strong communication, organisational & interpersonal skills
• Understand and familiar with good Java design and Software Engineering processes/methods such as:
- Architecture design
- Design Patterns
- Expertise in refactoring
- Agile methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- CI/CD, DevOps and Test Automation
- TDD - Test Driven Development, BDD - Behavioral Driven Development
- Automated unit testing (e.g. JUnit)
- Automated functional testing (e.g. TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium)
- Mocking Framework (e.g. JMockit, Mockito, WireMock)
- Familiar with Open Source tools & Frameworks, including but not limited to: Ajax, Spring, JSF, Ant, Subversion, Maven, CruiseControl, Hibernate/JPA, Junit, JMS, SOAP, Axis, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible and Cucumber