Software Development Manager – Java – York, Leeds – to £130k + benefits
Are you a Software Development Manager from a Java development background at the very top of your game and seeking a new challenge?
Do you want to manage & grow a team working on cutting edge AWS projects in collaboration with a global team of experts in that field?
Do you want to work for one of the biggest, most successful, most innovate $multi-billion companies on the planet?
Who wouldn't, so read on!!
As a software development manager, you will start out leading an AWS team building cloud services across the essential range of products. You will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of this service. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scale systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed systems and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
Key responsibilities include:
-Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership
-Develop the long-term strategy for your solutions and translate that into an achievable roadmap/action plan
-Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
-Management of staffing, mentoring, growing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
-Be a champion for operational excellence: Insist on the highest standards and write service code that helps continuously improve availability and reliability of our service ·
-Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
Essential qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) experience
- Several years professional experience in system software development and delivery
- Several years’ experience with Java based development
- Several years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
- Experience of taking product requirements and developing software architectures and designs to bring them to life
- Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record iteratively delivering high quality software on time