Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
The Role: We are looking to hire a Software Developer with a focus on developing and maintaining our web-based software solutions.
- Collaborate with product management, application science and support stakeholders to develop and maintain product suite
- Deliver high quality clean code, unit tests and technical documentation
- Solve challenging customer issues using a rapid delivery model
- Opportunity to participate and contribute to task prioritisation, assignment and execution planning meetings
- Pursue continual improvement in all aspects of the software and its development lifecycle
- BSc. Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of object oriented principles and design
- Experience in following is essential: Java, Relational Databases, Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with source control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrate an aptitude and willingness to learn
- Comprehensive awareness and understanding of software development best practices
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
The office location for this role is Bishops Stortford (CM23 2ND), but we're all currently working working from home. When the offices re-open the role will be based in Bishops Stortford with flexible working. There are regular trains from London Liverpool Street and Cambridge to Bishops Stortford.