Are you passionate about quality and testing software with an Agile mindset? Do you care about ‘building the right thing’ and ‘building the thing right’? Does being part of an innovative culture inspire you? Are you all about getting into the guts of pipelines and code rather than focusing on tools? Sounds like you’re an automation rock star – let’s talk!
We’re looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our ranks. You’ll have a strong collaborative focus and a drive for continuous improvement, traits that’ll see you play a key part in the R&D and implementation of strategic automation initiatives. We’re all about enabling better practices for our Delivery Teams so they can develop high quality features that delight our customers.
You’ll be an experienced Agile advocate, with a strong QA/Development/DevOps background and a desire to iterate, innovate, and instigate quality-driven approaches and processes from a Left-Shifting angle. You’ll have a breadth of knowledge in modern testing techniques and approaches, with depth and specialism in automation – maybe even in one or more other advanced areas too. You’ll be an inspiring teacher, coaching and mentoring others to improve their automation skills and approach, and acting as a role model to develop the stars of tomorrow.
This is a position of influence, with a strong focus on driving key initiatives and improvements to instil a Quality culture in QA roles and beyond. You will be comfortable working as a self-starting individual, but have a predominantly collaborative approach to implement and influence positive change in people and processes. The status quo bores you; you want to shake things up.
This is the perfect opportunity to be a part of meaningful change in our company, and help drive a culture of excellence in everything we do.
What we do:
CDL are one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, we are a privately owned company that has experienced continuous year on year growth and we employ over 600 people at our campus in Stockport. We are a certified UK top employer by the Top Employers Institute and are constantly striving to provide our employees with the best working environment and conditions. We have a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector. We have spearheaded development in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled our customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- An excellent and comprehensive understanding of the principles of Agile testing
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- A cradle-to-grave approach to ‘baking quality in’ to Software Delivery
- Extensive experience of implementing automated tests at all levels of the technology stack, including unit, component, integration, service, acceptance, and UI
- Knowledge and practical experience of TDD and BDD techniques
- Proficient in setting up test frameworks within Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Experience of working with microservices architectures
- Adept in the creation of stubs, mocks, and drivers
- Well versed in a variety of modern testing techniques and approaches
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills, with a track record of developing and inspiring others to achieve
- A proactive, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proven track record of problem-solving and delivering improvements, seeing them through to completion
- Leadership capability desirable
- Experience of Performance and Security Testing desirable
- Experience of Containerisation and associated inherent challenges desirable
- Experience of working with/alongside DevOps and Operational Support teams desirable
- Insurance experience desirable
- Top Employer for 4th year running!
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible working - home working options
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Volunteering scheme
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms