ICE started in the industry in the late 90's as a specialist consultancy assisting clients in defining technology architecture, systems design and software development activities.
ICE personal have been instrumental in shaping up technology visions, solutions and policies.
ICE is continually looking for a range of technical research partnerships and specialists ranging from apprentices, interns, undergraduate interims, those undertaking PhDs, recent graduates and post-graduates through to simply those who have good experience and can drive research and innovation at a technical level.
Job overview / purpose:
You must have a desire for international, cross-organizational, inter-cultural activity where you can both contribute and lead.
You must be able to speak and write fluent English and have a breadth of technical interests and practical development and technology skills.
We are currently recruiting at all levels including senior developers, junior developers, fresh graduates, apprentices and placement candidates, to start asap, at our office in Crewe.
We perceive placements as a win-win – part of the team and potential part of the future team. Working in an SME means you get noticed and can make impact with your ideas and knowledge.
Moreover, working for an RDI focused company means you will be at the cutting edge of technologies working in fields such as Factories of the Future, Big Data, Analytics and Visualisation, Industry 4.0, Security, Future Internet…..
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Challenging job in an international / multicultural environment which is great for future networking and great for your CV
- Using cutting edge tech & industrial solutions
- Working with exciting projects with leading organisations: e.g. Atos, Airbus, Mondragon, Singular Logic, University of Manchester, Siemens, Engineering and more…
- Gain experience with Big Data, Factories of Future, Semantics, Integration, SaaS, services and Internet of Things
- Gain experience of software development in practice, building Apps, Services, Frontends and working on large scale projects
- Ability to think for yourself, come up with options, ideas and solutions - We listen to you and not just ‘follow the spec’
- Use of/Potential Use of technologies such as Java, Java Script (server/client), CSS, Angular, MongoDB, SQL, JSON, HTML/Bootstrap etc. However we are after developers, not pure HTML/CSS experts
- Experience with source code management and agile practices is useful
- You would like to build practical, useful software and can work with clients, partners, and colleagues to do this equivalent
- Must be in a commutable location for periodic meetings and thus likely to live within a 1 hour commuting radius of Crewe
Desired qualification requirements:
Minimum 7 GCSE's at grade C & above.
5 days per week,
8 hours paid,
Flexible; typically core is 10am-5:30pm,
40hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
The opportunity to progress into a full time junior software development position, which has happened with other apprentices.
- 21 days of paid leave pro-rate plus public holidays
- Use of ICE Holiday location in North Wales
- Own your own PC after 1 year paid by ICE
- Opportunity for some travel around Europe
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.