It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Cigna is a multinational company and a leading global health services provider, dedicated to helping people improve their health, wellbeing and sense of security. We are going through an exciting period of expansion and seek to recruit into our Global Health Benefits business which currently employs 8,000 people and has over 30 million customer relationships in more than 200 countries and jurisdictions.
Reporting directly into the Helix PMO with matrix management into the respective work stream leads to support the work stream driving our delivery and reporting commitments. This individual will possess excellent Programme Management experience. The ideal candidate will have worked on large, complex, global IT projects. This individual will work within the PMO defined delivery model and will support delivery best practices pertaining to scope, time, communication and budget management. This is a highly visible role and requires communication and interaction at all levels. The successful candidate in this role will work closely with senior leaders, have experience working globally and will be adept at creating and delivering executive level communications.
- Responsible for the coordination, status reporting and management of complex and cross-functional work stream oriented work efforts
- Ensure project work stream is delivered on time, within budget, and meets quality standards and customer expectations.
- Creation and maintenance of the Application Configuration project plans that communicates tasks, milestones, status, key task dependencies and resource allocations. Escalating any delay or issues to work stream lead
- Management of all work stream change requests, performing full impact analysis on project scope, timelines and budget
- Management of all workstream Risks and Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies through to closure
- Tracking key workstream milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the project goals.
- Evaluating progress, negotiating and communicating key milestones changes with the workstream
- Ensure Application Configuration metrics align with Testing and resolve any discrepancies
- Ensure SI partner achieves key deliverables related to sprint activity and achieves on time sign off
- Liaise with SI partner to ensure appropriate capacity and quality standards are met for program resources
- Ensure appropriate process and metrics are agreed with SI Partner and work stream lead to measure Adopt vs. Adapt
- Maintain and support scheduling of “other” business decisions required to be signed off
- Planning and coordination of sprint playbacks in conjunction with Change Management work stream.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, information management or a related discipline is preferred
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools. Project Management qualifications such as PMP/Prince 2, preferred.
- At least 7 years of software delivery experience, including 5 years of cross functional, cross-disciplinary project management and business analysis experience, preferably within Healthcare Insurance or Financial Services.
- A proven track record within the project management field, with a particular emphasis on technology orientated projects.
- Proven experience working on concurrent business and IT projects with an SME understanding of the software delivery lifecycle as well as operational adoption of new processes.
- Experience of leading teams through all phases of the SDLC to ensure successful delivery of high quality technical solutions
- Understanding of delivering IT Programmes in an Agile framework
- Demonstrable experience of forging successful relationships with stakeholders with the ability to push back and maintain a structured process.
- Strong leadership capability where the candidate has experience of communicating, influencing and engaging staff, peers and stakeholders in the delivery of projects
- Delivering well-structured communication both orally, in writing or through delivery of presentations. Also used to liaising with senior management and other stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Experience working within an PMO governance framework
- Sound technical acumen
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Focused and Organised
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to work to tight timelines and under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable – able to handle changing priorities
- Positive attitude
- Strong leader who is able to positively influence others
- Negotiation skills
- Advanced Microsoft applications – word, outlook, excel, project, visio
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; Can shift gears comfortably; Can decide and act without having the total picture; Doesn't have to finish things before moving on; Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty; Isn’t upset when things are up in the air
- Conflict Management - Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; Reads situations quickly; Good at focused listening; Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably, Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; Builds appropriate rapport; Builds constructive and effective relationships; Uses diplomacy and tact; Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Organizational Agility - Knowledgeable about how the organization works; Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; Understands the culture of the organization
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.Focuses on engaging others in the course of delivering on goals; Looks for opportunities to publicly acknowledge others’ accomplishments Improves others’ performance by using tailored advice and positive reinforcement; Understands others’ stylistic preferences and adapts approaches accordingly; Taps into the values and feelings to address issues beneath the surfaceMay not be good at building team spirit because of an emphasis on individuals; may be seen as providing inequitable treatment by treating each person individually; may not take tough stands when the situation calls for it; may take too long getting input; may be reluctant to assign work with tough deadlines.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.Puts in extra effort to accomplish goals on time; Readily tries a variety of approaches to ensure success; Overcomes roadblocks without being deterred by initial set-backs; Works with team members to overcome obstacles to group projects; Does not procrastinate, even about distasteful projects that would deter othersMay stick to efforts beyond reason, in the face of overwhelming odds and evidence to the contrary; may be seen as stubborn and unyielding; may not set appropriate priorities; may find it difficult to change course; may confuse personal have-to-do's with what most needs to be done.
- Managing Vision and Purpose -Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; Talks beyond today; Talks about possibilities; Is optimistic; If appropriate, creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; Makes the vision sharable by everyone; Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.