SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST LEAD
Kobalt was founded in 2000 with a mission: Make the music industry fairer and rewarding for creators.
We wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers.
Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music technology driven music services including Publishing, Recordings and the world's first Digital Collection Society are trusted by some of the world's greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Working within a delivery team that form part of one of our key business units, you'll be responsible for championing quality and addressing the challenges of testing in creative and technical ways. You will also support - and be supported by - a wider QA department. This is a pivotal role within both the delivery team and the wider QA team, that will help deliver high quality software..
You'll be working in a challenging, fast-paced environment where you'll be responsible for creating solutions under agile principles.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO US
- Apply proven experience of automation solutions that can be maintained, supported and extended by the team
- Demonstrable experience of creating extendable solutions that are used beyond their original needs.
- Apply proven experience of working within frameworks (eg Cucumber, Fitnesse, etc)
- Strong exposure to working in - and being a key contributor to - an Agile development environment
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems
- Hands-on working with a continuous integration servers (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc).
- Experience in TDD/BDD
- Have good knowledge of compatibility testing and advanced web browser features
- Proven experience of working with high volumes and large quantities of data
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- A great salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover extendable to your family and in the event that you are unable to work we will continue to pay up to 75% of your salary
- A dedicated learning and development team for Tech, Udemy, BookBoon and more
- Regular Tech Meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical and mental health and offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga and (almost) daily meditation classes
- A great office with everything you need to do your job and enjoy your place of work including free healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, fresh fruit and cereal, fantastic open space on our roof and shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties and regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday and the odd famous person doing a gig in our kitchen
Competitive Salary and Benefits
For more information and to apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
£70,000.00 - £100,000.00 per year