A leading engineering organisation has an exciting opportunity for a Software Automation Engineer to join their team based in Cambridge.
They work on free and open-source software such as the Linux kernel, the GNU Compiler Collection, power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces for the Arm family of instruction sets.
About the role:
Their Kernel Validation (KV) team is looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on the Linux Kernel Functional Testing (LKFT) project.
The KV team and the LKFT project serve the upstream Linux development community by participating in continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), and functional testing of the Linux kernel.
You will be:
- Maintaining, improving, and scaling LKFT's build, deploy, and test automation framework
- Improving LKFT's reporting and visualisation user interfaces and experiences (UI/UX)
- Contributing as-needed to open source projects such as SQUAD, LAVA and kernelCl
- Strong python background
- Experience with CI/CD systems, automation, and best practices
- Experience and interest in UI/UX as it pertains to public websites
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally 3 to 4 times a year
- Ability to be productive in a remote position as part of a globally distributed team
- Eager to participate in public open-source projects with developers around the world
- Ability to dig in and troubleshoot a failing build or test
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Experience using cloud technologies to build highly scalable and resilient services
- Experience with the Linux development process
- Comfortable with working on open source projects, and having code reviewed in public
- Working knowledge in OpenEmbedded / Yocto and AOSP
- University engineering or computer science degree or equivalent experience.
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Software Engineer, Python Developer, Software Automation Engineer, Software Developer, Python, CI/CD Systems, Experienced Developer, may also be considered for this role.
£50,000.00 - £80,000.00 per year