The primary responsibility of the Soft Service Manager is to oversee facilities planning, office build outs, implementation and operations to ensure a safe and efficient work environment
- Oversees facilities planning and operations, including capacity projection and space allocation, asset inventory management, receptionist, corporate services, food service, furniture vendor, staples account, security, copy center and mail services
- Promotes and executes strategic space planning to efficiently manage Real Estate portfolio
- Helps support facility-specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings
- Seeks to continuously improve processes, systems and overall client satisfaction
- Assumes leadership role for functional Business Continuity Planning
- May act as representative of office safety committee, building emergency committee, and campus ergonomic program
- Oversees departmental compliance with OSHA/EH&S regulations regarding state and campus policies and procedures, and works to implement safety and emergency preparedness policies and procedures with staff, including maintaining first aid supplies and AEDs, fire extinguishers and other safety equipment
Repairs and Maintenance
- Runs procurement, maintenance and upgrades of furniture, electrical, audio/visual, cabling, janitorial, plumbing, utilities, and HVAC, security systems, and signage for the overall facility
Property Management Coordination
- Manages headquarters, regional and sales office expansion through the region, traveling to remote sites as needed
- Responsible for facilities management of 4+ offices remotely, including the supervision and coordination of moving staff, reconfiguring offices and cubicles, office repairs, and equipment moves at several different locations
- Establishes and administers policies and procedures for events and coordinates activities and events with other departments
- Oversees coordination with property management on various issues such as building maintenance and security, safety (smoke detectors, sprinkler system, emergency lighting), and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) needs
- Ensures appropriate follow up with customers
- Develops and manages functional budgets and metrics, and provides regular reports as required
- Runs Facilities team in efforts to ensure 100% adherence to guidelines and policies
- Provides coaching, and direction and information to vendors, service providers and facilities staff as required to ensure excellent coordination and execution of work with minimal disruption
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members, setting clear goals, developing individual capabilities, and providing quarterly and year-end feedback to individual on overall performance
- Establishes and maintains successful working relationships with landlords, property managers and corporate real estate management (CREGS), as well as appropriate vendors and corporate group
What are we looking for?
- Consistent track record in leading a multi discipline Soft Facilities Management Services team
- Proven experience with commercial vendors
- Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication.
- Positive attitude and ability to work across multiple departments.
- Must be organised, demonstrate attention to detail, and with strong problem solving skills and work independently.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Exceptional time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adopt a flexible work style, including willingness to adjust to new demands and the ability to shift priorities.
- Knowledge of statutory compliance
Equinix is the one of the largest growing data centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide, currently in our 65th consecutive quarter of revenue growth. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 190 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.